Now what??

ngl116

The painful agony of waiting as you count down each day that goes by.....do packing drills.....Maybe throw a Cruise BBQ at your house to commerate your upcoming vacation....I would try to forget that it was coming up and just go about my life...sooner or later that day will get here :D

lmondrop,

forget? how do you forget? You only have 9 days till you cruise! I'm green with envy!!! Have fun.

Well...I kind of had to forget for a little while...HEY...the last few days are probably the most torturous of them all :eek: It feels like I'm waiting 3 months....but...I'll come back from my cruise and be done with my vacation while you are still in the happy anticipation zone of waiting...so who's the lucky one then....LOL!!!! :p

We have a freind who's a chef and he, plus ten of his best students, recreated the last (first class) meal served on board. We printed up boarding passing, had a blow up of Captain Smith made and everyone attending got a picture taken with the captain. We made the dinner as authentic as possible, down to the music being played. It was great and kept our minds occupied with other things prior to the cruise (which was great, by the by, on the Spirit).

Other things to do:

Research

take up a new hobby

realize that this is probably the best part (anticipation) about taking a cruise.

Charlie

Make a packing list

Make revisions to packing list

Make hotel reservations in port city if you are arriving a day early

Make revisions to your revised packing list

Make parking reservation if driving and needed

Make revisions to your revised revised packing list

Practice pack

Mark all the stuff off your list that doesn't fit in the suitcase

Go cruise shopping so you have new clothes for the cruise

Make a brand new packing list with all the new clothes instead

Continue to revise the new list periodically

Hang out on Cruise Critic Boards

I started packing last night! LOL. Seriously, put the bincoculars in the suite case so that I wouldn't have to go looking for them next spring. I think about my upcoming cruise every single day. If it wasn't for you guys, I don't know how I would cope.

event.png

Archived