First timer needs your help

My boyfriend and I have booked our 1st cruise on Sovereign of the Seas sailing on 8/28/06. I booked a guaranteed oceanview stateroom with their website and right now under my reservation I am given the option of leaving it as a guaranteed OV room with no room assignment yet or a choice of 2 rooms on deck 8. Both of the rooms on deck 8 have connecting doors (we are NOT traveling with anyone else), both have obstructed views, and one of the rooms has a pullman bed (once again it's just the two of us). What should I do? Do I select one of these rooms or do I leave it up to chance with just the guarantee?

The pullman bed will not be a problem, as its on the wall and not in the way, you can lock the connecting door, and just treat it as part of the wall. All Outside cabins on deck 8 have an obstructed view.

If you are happy with the cabin they have offered, then book it, look on the RCL website and see if there are any other better cabins available, if there are then it may pay to wait and see what happens, you may get a better cabin, or you may get a worse cabin. Guarantees are always a crap shoot, but to most, the price saving is woth it

You'll have a great cruise on the SOS anyway, and probably wont spend that much time in you cabin:)

I would call RCI and ask them what cabins are available for the price you paid. If they are all on deck 8, and you are hoping for an unobstructed view, I would wait and see what they assign. There's a good chance it will be on deck 8, but perhaps it will be somewhere else. My guess though is that if the only oceanview cabins on the site show up as obstructed view, your chance of getting one of those assigned to you is pretty good.

Have a great cruise. The Sovereign was a lot of fun for us.

Never stayed in a connecting cabin but from what I've read if the people next door are very noisy it can be very annoying. Then again - we've had noisy neighbors (no connecting door) and have had to call the Purser's desk at 2:00AM. I don't want to be that way but if you want to party that late at night - take it up and out on the ship where people are not trying to sleep. Just seems like common courtesy to me especially in such tight quarters.

Archived