Voyager Aft Cabins

I didnt think it was an eye sore.. I was prepared for it so it didnt shcok me when we first seen it.

I still would take this aft cabin over a side one anyday. If the price is the same-- go with bigger.

As long as its not deck 6..if I had to take an aft on deck 6 I would have to reconsider the thinking

It is on deck 8, #8692. Is there any breeze there??

Let me see if I cna explain it to you-

take a ride in your car-- on the passenger seat in the front.

Open the two front windows- leave the backs closed.

Now sit comfortable in the middle of the seat- feel the breeze??

Now sit with your face facing the window. (that is the difference between a aft cabin and a side cabin.)

we had that cabin on the voyager.

Had ou cruise critic get together on our balcony-- was very easy to hold a get together for about 15 people comfortably

http://www.travelingnuts.com/D3/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were in family suite 9694 last July on AOS. The huge balcony is great, but there are a few disadvantages. First, because each lower deck juts out the people above can look down on you (but not if you're on the top deck, obviously) and you can also look down on the balconies below you:eek: ! Also, there is no roof, so to speak. We were rained on a few times, left towels and such outside, only to get soaked. But the wake is great and I actually fell asleep out there under the full moon one night - can't do that in Western New York:p

• 2 weeks later...
We also have the "famous" 1688 booked for next yr...can't wait!! Don't like those summer rates though. :eek:..but with kids that u can't pull out of school anymore, no choice.

Our daughter just started back to school a few weeks ago and now I need to break the news to her teacher that we are going to take her out a week early in Dec. I think I will let my husband do it this year LOL :D I had to do it last year when we took her out around thanksgiving for the Eastern Caribbean. The teacher last year was great ! She had my daughter write a page everyday of the cruise and put it into a report.

Voyager W. Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT 1688"

Voyager E. Caribbean 11/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

• 2 weeks later...
I've started looking for end of January 08 or beginning of February 08 and 1688 is already booked or is not showing as available.

I'm cruising 1/27/08 and booked the first day bookings came available. Somebody grabbed it that first day of bookings. Come join us though as we have a Cruise Critic Group Cruise forming.

I'm cruising 1/27/08 and booked the first day bookings came available. Somebody grabbed it that first day of bookings. Come join us though as we have a Cruise Critic Group Cruise forming.

That is the weekend we usually end up cruising. For 07, we're leaving a week later on Feb. 4th (Our first aft balcony) because of 1 persons schedule conflicts. We will most likely be going with you in 08. Darn, I really wanted one of the aft cabins on Voyager.

• 1 year later...

Archived