Playa Corona / Dzul Ha....What Is The Difference?

injunjoe

Greetings all,
I have narrowed down my choices for snorkeling from shore to either Dzul Ha or Playa Corona. Unless I am overlooking something, these look like the 2 best spots to snorkel from shore. Can anyone offer some insight on the differences between the two spots? Are there any particularly shallow spots (less than 10') that offer good snorkeling at either location? Is there someplace online where I can access pictures of one or both places? Do they both offer fin and jacket rental? Are either of the spots less likely to be crowded? Finally, will the snorkel experience at both of these places be top notch? I am looking for any and all information that I can get on these spots to make an educated decision on which to go to.

Thanks,
Injun Joe

TexEm, my understanding is that the tar spill affected 27 square meters of sea and that all marine activities at Playa Corona have been suspended. No other beaches were mentioned in the article I read.

We were at Playa Corona in April and Dzul Ha in June and really preferred Dzul Ha. We thought the snorkeling was much better there. Glad we picked Dzul Ha in June due to the tar spill at Playa Corona! No problem getting taxis at Dzul Ha when you are ready to leave. We spent 2 hours at Dzul Ha and then moved to Paradise Beach and had a great time there too! Can't wait to go back! See you in October Tom!!

ScubaMare is correct, no other beaches have been affected. Even before the spill, Dzul-Ha was a better choice anyway, as clancunningham confirms. Clan...thanx for coming to see me at PB! It was nice talking to y'all....see you in Oct!

Archived