Insurance?

sunsetme

I would definetly reccommend purchasing insurance.

Its VERY affordable and well worth the piece of mine. Check out insuremytrip.com for the rates offered by different companies and more info.

Different opinion here - if you arrive the day prior to your cruise you take away one of the major needs for insurance - the cost of catching up with your ship if you miss it. Arriving a day earlier also eliminates much of the stress of embarkation day and more time to enjoy the ship.

Coverage for illness is another chance you must willing to take if you don't take the insurance. If you and your family are healthy, it's not that much risk. After 14 cruises, we have saved enough for another cruise.

If you do decide to take insurance, be sure to read the terms very carefully. It may or may not cover what you want.

Good Luck,

Lou

I vote on insurance.... 9 out of 10 vacations I've taken, I've needed the insurance and came out ahead. Everything from damaged luggage, to items missing, to illness- it was all reimbursed 100% within about 3 weeks. One visit to see a Dr. on vacation and you're out about $150 + medications. Knowing I have the insurance, I am much more likely to see a Dr. if I'm beginning to feel ill though, too.

Guest Time2gocruzn

We are first time cruisers. I purchased our policy from insuremytrip.com. You can compare policies there. We ended up taking the Travelex Travelite policy. It was $79 TOTAL for husband, myself 1yr old and 4 yr old. Covers all the basics. Even though we are flying in the day b4, I still wanted a policy. I am more concerned about if a child gets sick or hurt than anything else. I have no problem with paying $79, it's a small price to pay, if for nothing else but for peace of mind. I hear that if you do have to visit the ship DR, the bill adds up QUICK! :eek: Insurance is like a toilet. It sure is ugly just sitting there, but when you need to use it, you sure are glad you have it!:D

Archived