Mariner Again?

We sailed on Mariner last September and had a great time. We live in Florida so we really have a pick of ships. We are considering going on Mariner again but are curious as to whether all the shows .. dance production, ice etc.

will be the same? Has anyone done the same ship two years in a row or know if they rotate their productions?

Thanks.

As I understand it, the ships actually rotate their shows every 3 years or so.... I think Mariner just rotated recently though, so you may be in luck.... If your cruise had the "Under the Big Top" ice show, then that was the previous shows.

We just got off Mariner June 4th for the second time. There was about 20 of us that met on this site through the M & M board and had the BEST TIME EVER!!! We all had such a good time that all of us booked the same ship next year together as well!!!

Yes the shows are probably the same, they were for us and the first time we were on was August '04. But you know what, there is other things to do if you don't go to the shows. That is what we decided for this next cruise, if we did not like the show the previous year, we will do something else. Yes, we do look very forward to the shows but we WILL find something to do.

As I understand it, the ships actually rotate their shows every 3 years or so.... I think Mariner just rotated recently though, so you may be in luck.... If your cruise had the "Under the Big Top" ice show, then that was the previous shows.

Not sure what you mean by recent, but they were still doing "Under the Big Top" ice show 5/28/06.

The only other names I remember is a dance show called "Energy".

Not sure what you mean by recent, but they were still doing "Under the Big Top" ice show 5/28/06.

The only other names I remember is a dance show called "Energy".

Those are the shows that are being replaced... I had heard they were changing them this summer... Maybe "recently" isn't quite yet.... ;)

Oh if they change them this summer I am in for a treat then....YEAH>>> Went on MAriner in jan and will go on her again in Oct. I also at first got upset about not doing the shows which i like...since they will be the same. But then I remembered all the stuff we did not get to do since we were at the shows...so it did not bother me as much. There is so much to do.. it really does not make a big difference... but I will tell you in Oct when I come back if I did miss out on going to the shows which I have always enjoyed. I think we will spend more time in the hot tubs at night and the clubs...

thanks for your reply. The mariner is just so convenient - as we live in orlando. We have sailed 3 cruises out of Fort Laud and 2 out of Port Canaveral - the type of crowd just seems different on Mariner - so I think we will take a chance and go again.

I am a true RCCL fan @heart and just can not risk being miserable on carnival.

As you see, I live in Melbourne, and anytime I can sail on Mariner, I will!!!

Love the ship, love the crew, and love the price! Take advantage of living in FL and sail when the price is great on any ship. The only time I won't go on vacation is in August, September and early October due to hurricanes(have to protect the house and dog and evacuate).:eek:

We were on Mariner in '05 and '06 and had so many activities that the shows did not matter to us.

We were also on the 5/28/06 sailing with HB Cruiser (Hi Tim & Crystal!) and the previous year, same week. The comedians are different each time, they do the Love & Marriage but with different contestants, although the same game it is like a new show, and the Quest you never know what you're gonna get. We did not do the production shows. There is also Karaoke Idol, Piano Bar (Schooners) and the Wig and Gavel with a guitar player so I think you'll have no problem with finding entertainment you haven't seen before. As HB stated we booked again for next year-same dates. And if you really want some entertainment go to the Dragon's Lair, top floor, and watch the people dancing around midnight , 1AM. :eek:

We happened to see a wardrobe malfuction! Let alone just the dancing itself and some of the people.

Lisa

We worried about the same thing (we did 2 cruises within 12 weeks), so we booked the Navigator for our second one. Even though there are 5 Voyager-class ships, the Navigator is the only 'twin' of Mariner.

It was a strange sense of deja vu. A few of the clubs were themed differently, and most had different names. I actually liked the Navigator better - it was 'more colorful' for lack of a better phrase. Sort of like what I would imagine a Carnival ship is. My wife thought Mariner was decorated with 'more class' and felt more sophisticated. The shows were different, which was a plus.

Dave

Archived