QM2 2007 World & Segments Roll Call started

Therapst

WELL! We received 2 packets of tickets for the World Cruise:) --but no pre-cruise packet yet!:(

Yes, I'm very glad the tickets arrived--BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PRE-CRUISE PACKET????:confused:

We have not received anything regarding the Dec 23, 06 fourteen day cruise or the Jan 6, '07 getaway cruise. (Wahhhhhhhhhh)

Hi there Mary

I feel your pain! So does that mean no shore excursions info? I'd be on the phone to them quick smart if I was you but I'm betting you already have. Talk about stuff it up! As you say its good you got the tickets..but...

I'm sure it will all work out, but these frustrations are very annoying!

Cheers

Timmi

We have not received anything regarding the Dec 23' date=' 06 fourteen day cruise or the Jan 6, '07 getaway cruise. (Wahhhhhhhhhh)[/font']

We now have less than a month to go (we sail a month today:) ). We haven't received anything yet and I'm expecting them any day. I rang Cunard this morning and they told me that they were sent out on the 2nd November and that I should allow 14 days. When I said that meant they should have been here yesterday I was told that they'd been sent to my TA. My TA has confirmed this so that means they should be here tomorrow:)

This morning, we received the actual tickets for the 14-day 12/23 cruise, as well as the 1/6/07 4-day getaway cruise:) . We also received, in the same package, the pre-cruise book for the 7-day leg of the 12/23 cruise (nothing for the 12/30 extension):confused: .

However, we still haven't received the pre-cruise book for the World Cruise:( . The TA is ringing Cunard as I write this.

More later,

Hello, Timmi:

We were out of town for a couple of hours yesterday and when we got home, we found that UPS had delivered our QM2 World Cruise pre-cruise book--finally!!! We stayed up till 11:00 pm reading it last night; we'll go over it in more detail this weekend and choose the shore excursions that we like to reserve on Monday.:)

While we were out of town, we spent about a hour on the phone with Cunard trying to track it down. It probably was already sitting on our doorstep by then! Oh well......;)

Talk to your later,

Hi there Mary

I'm so glad they arrived! Yes some of the excursions are expensive, are you going to do any of the overland ones? I would LOVE to do the Taj Mahal but at the price and with a 2 year old its not on for us. Maybe another time :)

I'm really unsure what to do about the excursions. Part of me wants to prebook (the part that likes to plan and be organised) and part of me wants to wing it (the part that is unsure how it will all pan out and what we will feel like doing, especially as we have a toddler with us). I'm not sure if we can leave her in the nursery if we go on a shore excursion (have heard conflicting reports on this, I think it depends) and not sure if I would even want to! On the other hand if we dont book we might miss out on what we want.. What do you think?

Also, do you know what the deal is if we book and then want to cancel? The booklet indicates that the form is just a request form and doesn't mention cancellations although it is mentioned on the page for the overland ones but I tend to think that just relates to them - I notice that form is referred to as a pre-purchase request form - a bit different I think.

As far as clothes go I'm far from having everything yet. But I am working on it! Last night I dreamt that we got on the ship and everything was lovely including our cabin (Bob Hoskins was our room steward LOL!) but that I realised that I had left my suitcase at home and I had to run off the ship and try to get home to get it before she sailed! LOL!

Cheers

Timmi

Shore excursions (day trips) are fully changeable up to the closing date posted on board normally 24 - 48 hours prior.

They can also be waitlisted if full.............. but this only ever happens if the excursion has limited numbers or is very very popular for some reason.

Have posted more on the roll call page.

Cya

Hi, Timmi:

Bob Hoskins, eh? I would prefer Danny DeVito for my cabin steward...

Seriously, though, we are not doing any of the overland excursions. They are so expensive, we've paid for being on the ship, and DH isn't interested in being away from 'civilization' for that long. It's all I can do to get him away for a 12-hour excursion (LOL)!:D

Today is Thanksgiving Day and a big holiday here in the States, and my dinner is cooking in the oven. I don't know if Australia celebrates Thanksgiving Day, if you do, have a Happy Thanksgiving, Timmi.

I think the day is actually over now, but better late than never!

I have been in the US for thanksgiving and its fun! I LOVE pumpkin pie :) something we dont really get here because no we do not celebrate Thanksgiving, I think its a purely American thing.. something to do with the first settling of America isn't it? Some American traditions are starting to creep down here, like Halloween, but Thanksgiving isn't one of them.

I have no idea where the Bob Hoskins thing came from, I dont even particularly like him, but you know how weird dreams can be.

I think I've bought my last formal outfit for the trip, the diet is going ok (lost some, should lose more when my new treadmill arrives!) so now its down to some more casual and smart casual outfits.

I've started doing research on the ports I'm less familiar with and working out what we will do for the day. I'm pretty sure Cochin is the only place we will do any organised tours. All the other places I feel confident we can do what we want on our own for cheaper.

Hope everyone is well

Cheers to all the regulars and the new comers to the thread!

Timmi

Thanks, Timmi, for the lovely holiday wishes.

Good luck with your dieting plan. I've lost a few pounds, but I would love to lose quite a few more. If only I could do my walking program on a regular basis; I tend to walk one day, then miss it for 3 or 4 days, walk again, miss a few days, etc. Needless to say, it won't work very well if I don't keep at it....<sigh>.:o

I'm very happy today, as #4-ranked University of Florida won today's football game against their nemesis, Florida State (unranked).:) I'm retired from UF, but I follow both football and our NCAA basketball champions, the Florida Gators.

Hope you are able to find some nice smart-casual outfits. Keep looking...,

I'm very happy today' date=' as #4-ranked University of Florida won today's football game against their nemesis, Florida State (unranked).:) I'm retired from UF, but I follow both football and our NCAA basketball champions, the Florida Gators. [/b']

Congrats, Mary.I went to UT (University of Tennessee) but my Sister was a Gator. Got her Masters there too! And I got to go to the Gator Bowl in, um, I think it was 69, UT vs. U of F.

<sigh>

I don't watch football any more. Marc doesn't care for sports, but if UT is in a Bowl, game, he knows to get out of the house. I am the kind that yells at the TV "Can't you see that hole a mile wide? You could've run it in? Why'd you throw the ball away? Are you guys playing badminton out there?" Or other such ladylike utterings! <G>

Karie,

Who asks, "How 'bout them VOLS!"

Karie:

Lately, I'm the same way! DH just turns and looks at me, as if to say, "Do I know this woman?" He, like Marc, isn't into sports, but he'll watch with me anyway.:D

I know the Gators will get a Bowl game bid, just don't know which one. I'm hoping they win the SEC game against Arkansas and USC loses this week! (I have a cousin who just graduated USC law school and his sister is in vet school at Ohio State <sigh>).:confused: Oh, well...I'll be at sea and probably won't even get to see the games.:( :)

You said your sis went to UF as undergrad and got her Masters there, too. What in?

Just curious...

You said your sis went to UF as undergrad and got her Masters there' date=' too. What in? [/font']

Just curious...

She started out in math and computer science. Imagine this in 1969, and changed to psychology, which she got her batchelors in (finished at American Institute for Foreign Study in London) She is not intuitive in Psych, unlike me. I am very intuitive, I think I am too emotional and uable to detach to do that for a living. She is excellent at (and always enjoyed) math, however. There was some time in Ohio also. In fact, she had a roommate who was among the injured at Kent State. She got her masters in Special Ed, and now teaches in Waycross Georgia. She owned the Montessori School there for a while, but now teaches pre-school in the public school. Kind of odd- She is so smart, and yet teachers tend to be one of the worst paid professions! I never got my degree, and I make pretty decent money as a technician. Our society is funny in who it "values" and who it doesn't. In many societies (such as Indian) teachers are honored and revered. Not in America! At least not the way we pay them compared to, say, Baseball players and hollywood starlets. Heck, these days, even auto mechanics!

BTW, I work with a guy from Arkansas. If they go all the way, he isn't likely

to let me forget it soon!

Karie,

who loves football, is very intuitive about what makes people tick. Maybe I should have been a football psychologist!

(Thought about pharmacology also. Fairly good with it, but lousy at chemistry-because of the preponderance of algebra, which I don't get along with. Which would certainly be a problem! ) Studied Biological Foundations of Behavior under Joel Lubar at UT

Ce-Ce.

My wife and I also live in the SF Bay Area. We too are getting excited and can hardly wait 'till Feb 5. Have you received your first documents yet? We have not heard a thing and we are fully paid. Maybe we will meet aboard.

Bill16

Hello, Bill:

We just received our pre-cruise booklet and tickets last week. We are doing the full WC, so since you are doing segments, you will probably be getting them soon.

If you booked through a TA, you might want to contact them to see if the pre-book and tix are sitting on their desk and just haven't been sent out yet. If you booked through Cunard, you could contact them, too. There is very important visa information in the pre-book. Also, you can pre-reserve your shorexs once you have the excursion numbers from the pre-cruise booklet.;)

Looking forward to getting together with you and your wife on QM2,:D

Went shopping today to get a couple things before I start packing.:)

DH wants to know if I have enough clothes now....is he kidding? Women NEVER have enough clothes!!!:D

Don't forget the second wardrobe of "fat clothes" for after eating all those sumptuous desserts and sauces! All men seem to do is unbuckle their belts. And after US Thanksgiving finner, if they are among family or really., REALLY good friends, unzip.

How do YOU spell relief?!

Of course, Mary, I know you'll be on that treadmill every morning!

Karie, who never gains on cruises. too much nervous energy, unaccustomed walking and leisurely eating. (Giving the stomach time to signal it is full before overeating commenses) But I make up for it the reast of the time!

Hey, Karie:

Believe it or not, I did get a couple things with a little 'give' in them. However, I expect to be doing a LOT of walking and I usually eat only 2 meals a day.:eek: Occasionally, I'll have afternoon tea, but not every day. So, I'm hoping I can keep the weight down with the walking and a visit every now and then to the fitness center.:)

Karie:

How 'bout them Gators?!!!!! Getting to play in the Championship Game of the BCS! Ohio vs Florida! Oh' date=' boy, oh, boy, oh boy!!!:D [/font']

I wonder if QM2 will show the game on Jan 8....?:confused:

Can anyone tell I'm a Gator's fan?:rolleyes:

You betcha they will ! Head for the Golden Lion, M'dear!

They showed the Super Bowl, and of course, the world cup soccer!

Karie,

who is not fond of NFL,but loves college ball!

Congrats Gators!

(My sister was a Gator! Got to get her to stop eating little dogs and dragging them into the swamps with her- In fact, she now lives in Waycross on the edge of the Okeefenokee!) <G>

Karie, I sure hope they show the game, or there could be a mutiny!

Seriously, though, if they show the Superbowl, they should show the Bowl Championship game, too.:confused:

Still in packing mode. Those compression packers are great for reducing the size of clothes in the suitcases.

Two weeks and three days till we leave the house...:eek:

Packing for 99 days is more difficult that I imagined.:confused: You have to continually make judgments on whether this item or that should go; how much will we use it to make it worth taking along; how much weight will it add to the bags, etc. Not worried about 'airline weight', just having to lug the bags from here to there.:(

Well, I guess I should quit whining and get to it.:rolleyes:

'Bye for now,

Archived