Good Times on Carnival Elation Cruise

stitch78

They changed our itinerary, but to a better one - we went to Nassau instead of Half Moon Cay! Although our time in St. Thomas was cut shorter and time in Puerto Rico was extended, which was my only gripe since St.Thomas was beautiful and Puerto Rico wasn't but oh, well. Overall we got longer in all the ports than what we originally had (except St. Thomas). :)

I know we can't depend on the weather, and the ports are subject to change, but I would be SO disappointed in going to Nassau rather than Half Moon Cay.

Nassau is touristy, with vendors hawking souveniers, and overall not one of the better ports I have read about. Half Moon Cay, on the other hand, is a quiet and relaxing spot, where I hope to spend a day hiking trails and sitting on the beach and doing a whole lot of nothing, eating a free lunch, and spending no money. I would rather not be at Atlantis or somewhere like that instead, and be spending cash on food and transportation, etc.

I was also on the Elation that week and we were so disappointed with the change. I had heard so many good things about Half Moon Cay and was looking forward to that stop. However, the weather is something that you cannot control and I am sure that the best decision was made by the captain. The thing that I was so discouraged with was how long it took us to get off the ship at San Juan. It was 2:30 and we of course missed our excursion. We never did hear the reason for taking so long but I thought that it was totally unacceptable. Who wants to be in port and standing around for 3 to 4 hours to get off the ship. So due to that change our stay at St. Thomas was shorten and we had three different things that we had planned on doing while we were there so that was changed to only one. Was not looking forward to the stop at Nassau because we have been there three times and already done the Atlantis thing and you can only do the straw market for a short time but we did go to a beach beside the Atlantis and it ended up being a very enjoyable time. There were taxi's available to go back when we were ready to leave and it worked out real well.

Archived