Sorry,another soda card question

karensi

Okay - I must not be thinking clearly as I have cruising countdown on the brain...but what is DH?

By the way - my hubby and I will each be purchasing a soda card, and bringing our own mug (thanks for the tip everyone). The convenience alone is worth it, and it is far better than a small glass half full of ice that gives me about 3 sips of soda at a time.

Happy sailing!

Okay - I must not be thinking clearly as I have cruising countdown on the brain...but what is DH?

By the way - my hubby and I will each be purchasing a soda card, and bringing our own mug (thanks for the tip everyone). The convenience alone is worth it, and it is far better than a small glass half full of ice that gives me about 3 sips of soda at a time.

Happy sailing!

DH, is my darling Husband...;) . I started to pick up some of the lingo after I used this board for a while. Sorry for the confusion.

I think we will bring our own mug too. That is a good suggestion and gets your moneys worth!

I'm traveling with my wife. Would it be too cheap of us to get one card we both could use from time to time?

The soda card on Celebrity is not a card but a sticker that is put on your sign and sail card.

Unless you have a generic name, Mary getting soda with Bill's card would definitely be noticed.

Wookeef: Hopefully you saw the earlier post about the cost of the card...If not, just go back a page and scroll until you see my calculations.

Hajekfam: Just to really confuse us, on my last sailing in December on Galaxy I bought my soda option at the Cova cafe. They advised me to take my card and receipt to Guest Relations, where they had a machine print "soda" on my card. (This is way better than the sticker concept, since cards get all kinds of handling, wetness, temp fluctuations and it starts coming off.)

Lsimon: I would definitely question any server about the Diet Sprite. Why in the world would that not be covered by the card, when every other kind of pop is included?

One item that has not come up in this thread is that I believe you can still purchase the soda option online in advance of boarding through the Bon Voyage Gift program.

Okay, I just got onto this thread, and I would like to find out more about the soda card. I have read all of the above, and wondered where do you buy the bon voyage gift before hand?

Water on the ship, I missed the earlier threads, maybe someone can post them here. Bottled water is how much? And is the tap water, does it taste okay? I drink lots and lots of water, but since I don't know how much it is to purchase it, and bring a case of bottled water on the plane would be too much, so I am wondering how good the tap water is? Sorry to get on this so late, but we leave in less than 3 weeks, and I would like to know.

Okay, I just got onto this thread, and I would like to find out more about the soda card. I have read all of the above, and wondered where do you buy the bon voyage gift before hand?

Water on the ship, I missed the earlier threads, maybe someone can post them here. Bottled water is how much? And is the tap water, does it taste okay? I drink lots and lots of water, but since I don't know how much it is to purchase it, and bring a case of bottled water on the plane would be too much, so I am wondering how good the tap water is? Sorry to get on this so late, but we leave in less than 3 weeks, and I would like to know.

Go to the Celebrity website and go to the bottom of the page. There is a blue line with white letters that reads:

Click on Bon Voyage Gifts. On the Bon Voyage Gift page click on "Delectable Delights"

We find the regular water is good and glasses of water are free in all the bars and at dinner so we don't use bottled water. We have never had a problem getting just water at any bar.

Thanks for letting me know about the water. And I did finally find the Bon Voyage section. Thank you so much. I will probably get DH the soda card, and the water will be fine for me. Has anyone gotten the choc. dipped strawberries? ARe they good ones? Has anyone gotten them before? I LOVE LOVE LOVE Choc. dipped Strawberries.

Archived