Victory or Glory, need to decide soon.

Cruiser_Rich

Planning a fall cruise and have it narrowed down to these two ships. There are a few others but they are going to destinations where we have been. We are a family of three, with a 15 year old looking for an active fun and relaxing trip. Gee how unique is that, anyway just looking for your opinions on which we should consider. I will say we are leaning toward the Glory as the food reviews seem to better. Both of these particular cruises are departing October 21, so I hope there is ample locations to watch some baseball playoffs outside of our rooms.

Actually the Victory sailing on the 21 October is an 8 day not a seven day. It is a one off itinerary that goes to Cozomel, Costa Rica and Panama.

The usual Victory 7 day leaves on Sundays and does Costa Maya, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios.

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=MIA&itinCode=WCB&shipCode=VI&durDays=8&subRegionCode=CW

Im prejudiced, but if the locations are a wash my vote would be for Glory! I have never been on the other vessel but we are about to take our third straight cruise in September on the Glory!

What can I say? Never had a rude or bad incident - at least from the crew!

The ship is kept clean and well maintained! The Captain cares about his ship - ran into him twice touring public areas with a juniour officer! And the food is great! Never a bad experience in the dinning rooms. The buffets can get a little exciting and exotic from time to time - but remember you have two different lines serving two different menus in the Red Sail!

Hope this helps your selection.

Thanks everyone for your quick responses. The good news, it sounds like I can't go wrong with either choice, the bad news I'm no closer to making a decision. :confused: The eight days sounds good but not sure if both of our work schedules will permit. Think I'll call my travel agency and do some price comparisom, flight times etc.

Life is good when these type of decisions are the problems of the day:)

BTW I just joined this site a short while ago and I must say the responses are so quick its had to believe, thanks again all......

Ah yes......these kinds of tough decisions are the best ones to have!

I have never sailed the Victory but have sailed her sister, Triumph. I have been on the Glory. I think you probably can't go wrong here!

Victory itinerary - and of course that extra day - sound wonderful!

I did want to say that I found Port Canaveral to be a MUCH better and easier port than Miami. It is newer and seems much more "cruiser friendly". I don't know where you are coming from but Orlando was cheaper for me to fly into and also the cost of pre-cruise was less. Definetly something that could be worth considering if you can't decide.

Good luck and have fun figuring it all out!! :D

Archived