Skagway/Juneau

jetta2828

In Skagway we want to do the dogsledding tour.... ANyone have a suggestion on which tour to go on?? Book through the crusie or on our own?

In Juneau , what do we do??? We have a 10 month old and a 3 years old, so it must be kid friendly... SHould we take the boat tour to mendal glacier?

How does the tracy arm tour work? where do you take that tour? I have seen many nice pictures of that tour and I notice that you get off in the bottom of the ship and you get on another boat...

Please help i am trying to book these tours and want to make sure we have a BLAST in all of them.

Thanks a million

I'll assume you are referring to the dog sled cart ride??? Out of Skagway, I would suggest you might want to consider renting a car and making a day trip to Emerald Lake, print out Murray's wonderful South Klondike Highway guide. http://www.explorenorth.com Rent via Avis. then stop at Caribou Crossing http://www.cariboucrossing.ca/ The cart ride may or may not be appropriate for your infant. But this is a cheap sled dog encounter. Your entire day will be half the cost of the cart ride alone.

There is no "boat ride" to Mendenhall, just take the $12pp shuttle bus, or cab.

Does your itinerary include Tracy Arm??? If so, you sail there, no tour.

If you are on the NCL Sun, take their add on jet boat, way superior for close up viewing. Otherwise for this independent you need a full port day and docked by 7am.

Archived