We are just back from RCI's Freedom, Do you think we'll Like Wonder?

bocacruiser

We have a 4 and 9 year old and they LOVED the kids program on Freedom! There were tons of activities, no sitting in front of tv's or playstations. How does Disney's kid's program compare? We like Disney World but are not fanatics. We also dined mainly at the buffet or grabbed pizza or a sandwich on the go, will we be able to do this on Disney or at dinner is it only the dining room?

Thanks for any information in advance!

Kids clubs are filled with activities and free time play. kids can do as much or as little as they want. Our grandkids love it!!!

You dont have to eat int he dining rooms if you dont want to. there are places around the pool that serve pizza, burgers, wraps, chicken sandwiches and chicken fingers, fries, chips, pastas etc.. room service is also available too. No charge for the food, but tip is a good idea.

The hours of places change day to day, so be sure and check their hours each day in your navigator. Last 3 day we did, we decided not to go to the restaurants and we had plenty to eat!!! Late night snacks outside the clubs too. On Pirate night there is a buffet on deck 9 right after the pirate party too, so lots of food there too.

mom x4,grandma x4

I have been on a Voyager class ship (slightly smaller than the Freedom with a very similiar layout) along with doing a Disney Magic cruise. I enjoyed both and would do either in the future, but they are a different experiences.

I can't address the kids programs but here are my thoughts.

Getting food "on the go" is a wash they both have pizza, buffets etc that are open during similiar times.

If you loved the Promenade on the Freedom then the Disney ships along with most other cruise ship don't have anything similiar except for the Voyager class ships. But other lines have similiar "boulivards" that are more "cruise ship like" than the Freedom

Comparing main show rooms, I would say that Disney has better shows as long as you like the leaning towards Disney style entertainment.

We have a 4 and 9 year old and they LOVED the kids program on Freedom! There were tons of activities, no sitting in front of tv's or playstations. How does Disney's kid's program compare? We like Disney World but are not fanatics. We also dined mainly at the buffet or grabbed pizza or a sandwich on the go, will we be able to do this on Disney or at dinner is it only the dining room?

Thanks for any information in advance!

I've done both as I was on Freedom inaugural cruise and they are very different experiences. Magic is about 1/2 the size of Freedom. On disney I would recommend on going through the "dinner cycle" at least once as each restaurant is different and some pretty neat things happen at dinner.

As good as the shows were on Freedom they don't come close to what you will see on Magic. Further the comedians and late night acts on Disney are the best at sea. As is the main band.

I will be doing back to back magic cruise 7/22-8/05

Bon voyage

Hi Cruisecastle,

we will be with you on the Magic on 8/5.

I have started a cruise meets thread on this forum, please feel free to join me there to get aquainted and discuss our cruise experiences.

I try to meet others before all our cruises and hopefully meet once on board. It has always been great fun for us.

Just scroll down the page and you'll see our date.

Kathy

mom x4,grandma x4

Cruisecastle:

We were on the inaugural for Freedom also, I know it will be hard to beat the ship itself.

How is the wear and tear on the Magic? Is she in good shape? Are the cabins very clean?

Being the first cruisers on the Freedom makes me fear that all other ships will seem old and run down by comparison.

Can you compare the kid's programs for me since you've done both? I loved that the Freedom had so much organized play and not just dumbing them down with tv's and computers.

Got off the magic 7 night cruise 4 weeks ago. I can say that the Magic is not worn down. Cabins are good sized, plenty of room for the 4 of us which includes 1 teen and 1 pre-teen.

I am looking at RCCL and it seems that most of their rooms are smaller even than the standard room on DCL.

My wife and I just were on the Freedom on the June 18 sailing and fell in love with the ship!

We were going to take our daughter to WDW at the end of July so that we could have a "family vacation" as well. However, on Friday, we received an email with some great deals on Disney cruises at the end of the month. So, we are going to try to secure one of those staterooms. I have been on both the Magic and Wonder, but never for 7 nights, so I hope that we can get one of those rooms.

We are both teachers, so we can only afford the DCL if we get this deal that came in the email. It almost sounds too good to be true, but we will find out tomorrow!

Wish us luck!

MM

Archived