HELP! Mr. Pete or other kind folk from NY/NJ: HOTEL NEAR CRUISE PIER

Jacquelyn11

From what I've read, the Carnival Legend Docks at the Manhatten Pier, located near West 54th street. I need to find a Hilton chain property (Double Tree, Hampton, Homewood suites, Hilton Garden inn and of course Hilton) to stay one night prior to our cruise. They have opened up the ressies for HHonors stays and I have points to cover this. We are cruising next year during Fleet Week and want to be able to get to the pier within walking distance (IF this is advisable or not!!) or a short cab ride.

Also, thinking about staying at the Doubletree near Times Square for a post cruise place to stay. Thought we would need the 2 rm suite after being stuck with the kids in the same cabin for 8 days!! :eek: Any thoughts on this? The Waldorf Astoria is also now part of the Hilton chain. Is is worth the hype to stay there?

This GRITS (Girl Raised In The South) Thanks Ya'LL from the bottom of my PEACHY GA HEART!! :)

Jacquelyn :D

Re your question on the Waldorf. We have stayed there and just loved it. It is definitely worth the $$$. Great location too. You can walk over to 5th ave and also Rockefeller center. We stayed on the Concierge level and they had some good food as well. If the charge for that floor is too much, any room would due! The hotel is gorgeous and so historic. We are from Lexington SC and we met several people from Georgia and Tenn while we were there.

We stayed at the Waldorf during fleet week when my husand was in the Navy. I flew in to meet his ship and spend the week with him.

I got the Waldorf on Priceline for $100 a night. I am sure it has gone up but it is worth the price. Since hubby was in uniform and got there first, when he checked in they upgraded us. Beautiful hotel with great service. It was quite a walk to the piers though and we mostly took taxis.

A bit of advice, book in advance, it was very crowded there because of fleet week. Lots of sailors did the same thing, had their wives there and booked rooms. We booked our shows early too.

Archived