Mini Bars

donh1

Do the inside cabins on the Ryndam have the mini-bars. I was on the Zuiderdam last year and our outside room had one. It was really handy to create some space to keep our soft drinks and whatever cold....

Do the inside cabins on the Ryndam have the mini-bars. I was on the Zuiderdam last year and our outside room had one. It was really handy to create some space to keep our soft drinks and whatever cold....
There are no mini bars in the inside nor the outside cabins on the Ryndam. Only the newer vista class ships have them i.e. Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, and Noordam.

We simply emptied the contents out and stored same in the closet for 6 days. We informed the cabin stewart what we had done. It is very important that early on the day before you disembark you put everything back because the crew does a final inventory and locks the mini bar so the bar is not available on the last night. Have a great cruise.

Looks like I'll have to slip the cabin stewart $20 extra for our Ryndam Cruise and show him where my soft sided cooler is. I know he'll keep it full of ice.

I've read minibar strategies some posters have mentioned here. One said he calls Ship's Services in advance and ask that the minibar be emptied prior to their arrival. Another said s/he asked the steward to empty it when they first got to their cabin.

I'm wondering which is the most popular and effective method to have the minibar emptied.

Archived