Good, Safe, and Fun for Mom & Daughter?

CrusinAgain

Daughter and I are looking for a Mother/Daughter cruise before daughter gets married and we have been as a family to Alaska, Eastern, and Western Caribbean. We have never been to Mexican Riviera and was wanting comments, feedback if this is safe for the two of us and if there are any interesting things to do like there were in the Western Caribbean. In the Western interesting things were the ruins, swimming with dolphins, swimming with the stingrays and seeing neat unique items to the area.

We haven't picked ports or a ship yet but we do like Carnival. It would probably be the December timeframe.

Thanks much! :)

Absolutely - you would love it! I would recommend De los Veranos Canopy Tour in Puerto Vallarta - after the zip lines you can hang out at the restaurant sipping Margaritas and swimming in the river. Then when you get back to the Canopy Office, have a taxi drop you off at "Hooters" and you can walk along the beach on the main strip. There are statues and a Cathedral along the way.

In Mazatlan, try Randi's Happy Horses! You are water taxied to Stone Island and enjoy a nice ride on the beach. You then end up at Victor's where you can enjoy smoothies and the best darn shrimp around! (Hubby couldn't decide if he preferred the Coconut Shrimp or the Garlic - fortunately they will do a 50-50 for you!) Hanging out on that lovely beach is just heavenly!

In Cabo, you can just grab a glass bottom boat at the pier for $10 each and go for a ride around the rock formations. After that, you can walk into town and have a Margarita at Cabo Wabo and do some shopping.

Of course, being two women on your own, you might feel "safer" going with ship excursions, but the excursions listed above would be perfectly safe! To see pictures, click the link below! And have a blast whatever you decide!

BTW - the Carnival Pride is a beauty! You will LOVE her!

Your pictures look wonderful! And the cabins and bathrooms look the same as the Miracle. I noticed you had a lounger on your balcony - did you get an aft cabin?

We have always had a balcony but I'm thinking of saving the few hundred to put towards excursions and just get an oceanview or inside instead. Did you see any sites along the way where a balcony is really worth the extra?

I agree...you will have less problems than in a large USA city. In all these ports you can also "shop til you drop" if that is your thing. Mexican silver, leather work, linens, clothing and handicrafts are the best buys.

Your pictures look wonderful! And the cabins and bathrooms look the same as the Miracle. I noticed you had a lounger on your balcony - did you get an aft cabin?

We have always had a balcony but I'm thinking of saving the few hundred to put towards excursions and just get an oceanview or inside instead. Did you see any sites along the way where a balcony is really worth the extra?

We got an extended balcony, so it was a bit bigger than the standard balcony. We also opened it up to the cabin next to us (where my aunt and friend were) so we would have more space. The people who had the cabin before us (I guess) had them bring in the lounger and we just kept it there. Usually there are 2 chairs and a small table on the balconies. This was the first time we had gotten a balcony and I would never cruise without one again (if I can help it! ;) ) Before dinner we would just sit out there and have a glass of wine, in the morning we would sit out there and drink our coffee, during the daytime (if we weren't doing anything else) we would just sit out there and read or talk! Leaving Cabo, if you are on the starboard side, it is wonderful as you slide by the rock formations... Believe me - it was worth every darn penny we spent on it!!!

Archived