Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort

Yvonne

Has anyone stayed here before/after their Hawaiian cruise?

In the final planning stages of booking our 1/12/08 Norwegian Sun cruise and want to do a 3-night pre-cruise and a 2-night post-cruise stay, thinking about the Hilton Hawaiian Village so would like to hear from those who have stayed there. Which area is best? Did you like the restaurants? Service?

Any thoughts you can share will be appreciated, thanks!!

HHV is a lovely place to stay for a pre/post cruise. It is very expensive, but what isn't expensive in Hawaii?

We booked a Concierge level room overlooking the water and enjoyed the ammenities that were available. Just remember that everything is "extra" at this hotel. Try booking in the Ali'i Tower which is very quiet and lovely and has the private pool area. Even the concierge services came with a price. We did enjoy the isolated pool which was reserved for concierge level guests. In the evening they had a small buffet type appetizers as well and in the morning they had some coffee and muffins. We enjoyed the location, since it was close to Ala Moana shopping center and a short walk to some nice places to eat for a quick dinner or breakfast. If you stay more than a couple of days, I would highly recommend renting a car to really see more of the island. Easy to explore and lots of fun.

The resort is huge, and sometimes seems very busy at times. Check-in has now been automated on-line which may be a good thing! You may wish to check into this feature, since there are people coming and going all the time. The beach and pool areas are wonderful at this hotel.

The hotel restaurants were very expensive, but also very good. We did find a coupon in the Entertainment book which we used at the Chinese restaurant which was very good.

Is the chinese restaurant the Golden Dragon? We are thinking of eating with the Entertainment book coupon.

What did you have that was good? And, I know this might sound weird, but if you ordered any chicken meals, was the chicken all white meat?

We will be there in August pre-cruise for 2 nights! IT sounds great!!!

Will have to go hunt up the Entertainment book and see if the coupon is in ours here in Arizona!~

Thanks guys!~

L~:D

We will be there in August pre-cruise for 2 nights! IT sounds great!!!

Will have to go hunt up the Entertainment book and see if the coupon is in ours here in Arizona!~

Thanks guys!~

L~:D

If you want to use an Entertainment coupon, you'll need to get the "Hawaii" Entertainment book which is now 1/2 price if you can find one. Sometimes, Entertainment.com has them available or Ebay. Definitely worth getting. We used the Bowfin coupon and the Missouri coupon as well as several restaurants in Oahu. Saved many dollars this way. Good Luck!

We stayed there years ago and also visited the Hilton Hawaiian Village on our cruise this past March. I highly recommend it. There are several towers to stay in and it has a nice beach area. It is located about three miles from the port. There are many nice shops, and restaurants there and in the surrounding area. It is nice to walk around there. They even have penguins.

We plan to go back and spend a few days there.

Keith

HHV is a lovely place to stay for a pre/post cruise. It is very expensive, but what isn't expensive in Hawaii?

We booked a Concierge level room overlooking the water and enjoyed the ammenities that were available. Just remember that everything is "extra" at this hotel. Try booking in the Ali'i Tower which is very quiet and lovely and has the private pool area. Even the concierge services came with a price. We did enjoy the isolated pool which was reserved for concierge level guests. In the evening they had a small buffet type appetizers as well and in the morning they had some coffee and muffins. We enjoyed the location, since it was close to Ala Moana shopping center and a short walk to some nice places to eat for a quick dinner or breakfast. If you stay more than a couple of days, I would highly recommend renting a car to really see more of the island. Easy to explore and lots of fun.

The resort is huge, and sometimes seems very busy at times. Check-in has now been automated on-line which may be a good thing! You may wish to check into this feature, since there are people coming and going all the time. The beach and pool areas are wonderful at this hotel.

The hotel restaurants were very expensive, but also very good. We did find a coupon in the Entertainment book which we used at the Chinese restaurant which was very good.

I found the Waikiki Resort Hotel for $109 +tax for NYE! It looks like it's right down the street/block from HHV.

We stayed there pre-cruise in 2002 for 2 days and it was so lovely. We booked it thru the cruiseline and were in the Diamond Head tower. The room was fine and clean and we had a nice balcony to sit out on that looked over the grounds and the ocean. At that time, coffee in the room was free but I think they charge you now. The 2 pools were fine and not crowded. It was within walking distance of many things and the one casual restaurant was on Wakiki Beach.

I don't think we will ever stay in a hotel again where we pay $250/noc but it was worth every penny, if only to recover from the jet lag in Paradise.

Archived