Caribbean Princess obstructed view E421?

poppycat

Has anyone stayed in this cabin or have any pictures posted. It shows, if the brochure is accurate between two lifeboats. I changed my cabin from a balcony to the obstructed view to save some money for excursions and some unexpected home repairs that just came up. Really liked that aft cabin I changed from, but I don't think I will be in the room too much. Anyone having stayed in this cabin before I would love to hear. I'll probably post under cabin tips too. Thanks.

Checked the deck plans and you are correct, the window is between 2 life boats. Personally I wouldn't take this cabin because it will be like looking down a closed in hallway. the "view" won't be that nice. You are probably better off in an inside or outside. I see you want to save the $$$ for tours, and kids love to be out and about most of the time except to wash, sleep and dress. Hope you are happy with whatever you choose.

We have had this type of cabin before on the Star and the Grand and you will get what you pay for. It is not that bad but if you go into it with high expectations then you will be dissapointed. The view is better for sure because you are between 2 lifeboats but will be very restricted. But I would still take it to save the $$$ and enjoy!! You won't be in there that much anyway. :)

I guess as long as I can get a little natural light in the room. I'm paying the same for the obstructed as for an inside and the room is a few sq. feet more, so I guess I shouldn't complain and I am saving about $700. The last time I cruised, I was with my sister and we had an inside cabin, which didn't bother me too much except one morning we didn't go down for breakfast and had room service, got dressed for the beach, but when we exited the ship it was cloudy with gail force winds. Had to re-enter the VOS and change and then went shopping. The ship ended up staying a extra night because we missed our opportunity to leave before it got too bad and they never made an announcement to get back to the ship early and too many people left for the day and word of mouth wasn't enough to get everyone back on. I usually have the tv on for the web cam, but we were having trouble with the remote and couldn't change the channel. Maybe, I'll change to an ov on the Plaza deck, that's all that seems to be left or on the Emerald deck, but that has the forward promanade there and I don't think I would like people walking by peering in. There are three of us, I'm taking my daughter for her 21st birthday and her sister is tagging along. I would like to do the Crown next May with my husband for my 25th Anniversary and then definitely have a balcony. I know we would use it alot, since there are alot of sea days. Hopefully the prices will come down alittle for that. Has anyone stayed on deck 5 Plaza or upfront on the Emerald deck? Poppy

Don't worry. You have chosen to save some money and you will enjoy spending it on things besides sitting on a balcony. Here is the view we had from E605 on the Star. It also showed as between lifeboats on the deckplan. The window is a nice size.

E605window.JPG.5364565e29953d07298d3fd1073bc24f.JPG

Archived