Another car rental question

Giantfan13

After reading so many posts on this board about renting a car and Thrifty being the favorite choice, may I just ask "WHY Thrifty??" I did a search on a web site that compared rental agencies on Maui and there were two that came up cheaper than Thrifty, so why is Thrifty the choice, BY FAR??.

Also, on one of the threads, some one had a site that was supposed to give a lower rate if you went thru them. Does nayone have this site again?? Thanks.

Go with whatever rental car agency works the best for you. There is no reason why Thrifty has been getting a lot of mention on this board lately - it's just the way this board goes. A few years ago, it was Alamo. There really isn't all that much advantage of one agency to another - competition keeps things relatively even. The only difference is in certain situations such as Dollar in Kona because of their location at the King Kamehameha Hotel - that gives them an advantage there but otherwise, things are pretty equal.

Spleen

I got a better deal at Budget than at Thrifty. Also, Budget said they would have a van waiting at the pier whereas Thrifty said I would have to call, and I believe the last transport back to the pier is later with Budget but I'm not sure about that.

Archived