Quest...What is it?

[quote name='kitty1']My hubby made the cruise in review video. Let's just say we did not take that home and show our friends and family.[/quote]

Hey, I made it too, unfortunately DW did take it home to share with friends and family. It was great fun though.

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Carol:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]It’s too bad you don’t have the omniscience as others. I am a dirty old man and always participate in Quest. Last time was in two consecutive weeks. I finally won the coveted plastic RCCL key chain. Looking forward to the next Quest.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]WGIG #59[/SIZE][/FONT]

A few people on board who had been to The Quest before told us it wasn't worth the effort. Well, we decided to peek inside on our way back to the cabin after dinner and were pleasantly surprised. Although we got there too late to be part of a team, we found a nice spot in the corner to watch the action.

It's not something you bring your kids to -- unless they're over 18 -- but it's a fun event. Becky Thompson, the cruise director on the Mariner of the Seas, hosted Quest and her exhuberance and energy definitely played a large role in making it a success.

Check it out if you have time. I hadn't laughed so hard in such a long time.

[quote name='pxgrant']Hey All!

We're going on FOS in October of 07. Neither of the ships that we have been on had anything like this.

We are both 60 and we like to have a lot of laughs, are pretty liberal.

Is this for all ages, or is it mainly focused on the younger set? Just wondering.

From what I have gathered, in between the lines, it sounds like a lot of laughs, and isn't that why you go away - to relieve the stress??!!;)

Please respond to age questions - Happy Sailing and Happy Quest All!

Peggy, Norwood MA
[IMG]http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;128/st/20071014/e/Freedom+of+the+Seas+/dt/-1/k/a737/event.png[/IMG][/quote]

Hi Peggy:
All adults can attend, there is not a restriction except kids should not go.. 60 and liberal.... Go and have a blast.. you could even participate if you wanted ! :)

I have only been to 1 Quest event and enjoyed it. I think it comes down to a matter of what you like to do and what your interests are. I know my sister didn't enjoy it as much as I did but I thought it was pretty different. There were some cases of weird things happening but to each their own. Some people are just crazy I guess. And parents, trust me on this one, please don't take your kids to it! Take your kids to family Quest. Its a G version of the adult Quest.

[quote name='pxgrant']

Please respond to age questions - Happy Sailing and Happy Quest All!

Peggy, Norwood MA
[/quote]

Yes, my 60 something "basically liberal" inlaws have been with us at Quest and they were right in the middle of the action. So no, it's not for younger people only.

And as a mom, I have to agree, parents keep the kids out this one.

Why can't it just be a fun game that those of us that want to partake are included and those of you who don't........then don't. I find it so hilarous that DH is in his underwear, a bra, high heels and purse. we all love it!!!!
He knows what is going to happen and we love watching him!( yeah, he is freaked out, but has fun anyway? )Just have a good time on the ship and enjoy!:D

My DH is 61 and he loves to be the team leader (of a group) . So it's definately not for the "young jet set" it's for us "older that can stiilllll jet set" also. You can watch, participate, laugh and cry (prob in that exact order) cuz I'm always holding my sides laughing so hard I'm crying by the time it ends.

OR............ you can hate it and think it's totally stupid.

That's your call.

We have yet to win the coveted "keychain" but will keep trying.

Have a great cruise.

Pat

On our last cruise everyone who participated got a coveted keychain. First time we got the coveted keychain and we didn't even win.
I think the winning team got hats and a couple of other RCI logo stuff.

Archived