Decorations

Hi Jessica,

I am getting married next Friday from Port Canaveral, FL abord the RC, Soverign of the Seas. I really wanted to do something different for my wedding and the cruise is what we decided on. I was extreemly disappointed to find out that you pay all this money for a reception and there aren't any decorations provided. Oh well..at that point the cruise was booked...anyways, I am bringing everything with me. When are you getting married I will send you pictures of my receptions for ideas if you'd like, when i get back. RC provides flowers for the ceremony only. YOu have to pay extra for flowers on your cake table! Whatever...the cake is what everyone is going to be looking at right! I went to a local discount fabric place and bought several yards of weddingish looking fabric. I estimated as best as I could the size of the coctail tables in the Music Man lounge and cut away. I have 24 people at the reception so I made 12 table cloths. I when to the craft store and bought cheap vases and fake roses (1 for each vase) and wrapped the same color ribbon around the stem (to hide the green) and tied a bow at the top. Volia! a centerpiece. Simple...pretty...easy to carry.I purchased napkins for the bar that have our names on it and we are going to have a table for favors. I sent all of the stuff to the hotel that we are staying at the night before and I am makingmy fiance and his brothers carry it on to the boat for me the nest day. Hey! I have to carry the lead weight dress! we are even!

I don;t know about other cruiselines, but the wedding coordinator for RC has permission to set up your reception for you before the ceremony provided you bring your stuff to the room and tell her/him what is going on.

Don;t forget...YOU are the decoration. Everyone is going to see you in your beautiful dress! you are what everyone is going to want to stare at!

I do not check this board reguarly, but if you want to contact me pleae email, jbuzelle@adelphia.net

hope to talk to you soon...bes regards.

jenn

Archived