Crab Legs?

cruzcactus

We had crab legs at one formal dinner. We had lobster and steak at the other formal dinner. Both times, my husband and son (son 19 and 6'7", hubby 6'4") ordered a second order of both. The waiter did not even flinch.

One meal they served one small serving of crab legs and I mean small. The only lobster was on surf and turf night and you got steak and lobster tail. I never saw crab on any of the lunch unless maybe crab salad. They served lots of salmon which was good and one afternoon for lunch on the lido they had a salmon buffet.

Missygirl:)

Do recall being served snow crab legs (which retail for about $5.99/lb in our local seafood markets) on several of our HAL cruises; but never any Alaskan king crab legs (which retail for around $16.99/lb, when available).

if you are an Alaskan cruise that ends up in Anchorage, hop in a car and go to Freddie Myers or Costco (only on the weekend) and buy crabs...You can get shipping boxes in any Freddy's store and bring home with you. Usual price is around 10.00-12.00/lb but last week I bought 20# for $8.00.....and I will enjoy them for awhile. So will my company if I don't eat them all up first.....:D

Do recall being served snow crab legs (which retail for about $5.99/lb in our local seafood markets) on several of our HAL cruises; but never any Alaskan king crab legs (which retail for around $16.99/lb, when available).

After watching two seasons of "The Deadliest Catch" on the Discovery Channel (about Alaskan Crab Fisherman), I'll have a new appreciation for what I'm eating. Those guys are unbelievable.

cruzcactus,

which Westerdam sailing will you be on? there are threads for most of this season's trips listed by day on the roll call board. Click Holland America, then Westerdam.

We have one started for the 9/17 sailing which is the last one for 2006.

GN

Shonuf -- "The Deadliest Catch" certainly was an amazing, and at times horrifying, series. Those folks more than earned every dollar for their efforts. You're absolutely right about appreciating the luxury of enjoying the fruit of their labor.

Archived