Opinions please! Formal dress

jazzie67

Okay first off....I can't get the picture to upload:( I can't get it to resize no matter what I've tried....maybe it's too late to be trying such things:o

Anyway if you don't mind checking out a website and giving me some opinions on this dress. The website is http://sophisticatedlady.stores.yahoo.net goto the 5th tab (on left) it says evening/formal wear dresses #1 and scroll down to the 16th dress in the first column (left). I chose the chocolate color and was very pleased with the quality of the dress and the price. It's the first formal dress I've bought on the internet and to my surprise I don't even need any alterations:) I know this alot to ask...click here scroll there!! But I'm having major upload issues! I've learned alot from this board...Thanks

Okay first off....I can't get the picture to upload:( I can't get it to resize no matter what I've tried....maybe it's too late to be trying such things:o

Anyway if you don't mind checking out a website and giving me some opinions on this dress. The website is http://sophisticatedlady.stores.yahoo.net goto the 5th tab (on left) it says evening/formal wear dresses #1 and scroll down to the 16th dress in the first column (left). I chose the chocolate color and was very pleased with the quality of the dress and the price. It's the first formal dress I've bought on the internet and to my surprise I don't even need any alterations:) I know this alot to ask...click here scroll there!! But I'm having major upload issues! I've learned alot from this board...Thanks

Is this the dress?

I think it is a beautiful dress! It is very elegant, and it sounds like you really love it...which is very important!

What shoes will you be wearing with it?

~e

browndress2.jpg.4566680f3f19e77d737af6e5f9316fe6.jpg

Mrsred~~~Thank you! for uploading the picture! Usually I'm pretty good with computers etc....but it wasn't my night last night...anyway that's the dress and I'm going shoe shopping this weekend. Although I mentioned I didn't need alterations.....I will need some pretty high heels! Not sure what to look for. Have heard alot of people talk about the metallic shoes....haven't been shopping much lately. Well I do shop alot on the internet...thanks everybody!

What do you ladies think about jewelry with this dress? It does have rhinestones on the dress so I thought no necklace?? just drop earrings?

Mrsred~~~Thank you! for uploading the picture! Usually I'm pretty good with computers etc....but it wasn't my night last night...anyway that's the dress and I'm going shoe shopping this weekend. Although I mentioned I didn't need alterations.....I will need some pretty high heels! Not sure what to look for. Have heard alot of people talk about the metallic shoes....haven't been shopping much lately. Well I do shop alot on the internet...thanks everybody!

What do you ladies think about jewelry with this dress? It does have rhinestones on the dress so I thought no necklace?? just drop earrings?

Yes I agree that top can stand alone. Drop earrings would look good.

You're very welcome!

I love my metallic shoes...they go with so much! A bronze pair would look fab with this dress.

This dress does remind me of the Greek goddess look or even something from the 18th-19th with the empire waist. I'd go with some dramatic drop earrings or even chandelier.

Enjoy!

~e

Hi ladies.....just returned from a day of shopping, the only item I found for the cruise was shoes for my formal dress....I bought a bronze pair of BCBG @ DSW warehouse for $35. I thought that was a good deal....no luck on any other items except getting to stock up on my bare minerals makeup at Sephora which cost more than my shoes!......the shoes were worth the 1 1/2 drive to Jax.

Miss Me Too- I'll have to measure it for you...I'm 5 Ft and the shoes I'm wearing are 3in heels and the dress skims the floor. Which I like when I'm wearing a floor length dress...shoes barely show.

I had a dress hemmed at the cleaners this spring and it cost me $20. This is a full length dress with a relatively full skirt. If you dress is dragging on the ground, it might be worthwhile to have it taken up a bit - just so you don't trip! :)

Jazzie- Chandelier earrings would look lovely! I think it would look great with a simple necklace, something with a short chain, but that's up to you. I think it'd be kind of cute if you both wore brown, especially if it's a slightly different color than your chocolate dress. We bought my husband's suit at Suitaly.com they have a great sale right now on black suits.

Archived