New Item on the Sky on TV in NZ

rockie

Well, they have just had that item on the Pacific Sky on telly here with a couple of NZ teenagers claiming they were drugged. P & O did say the 18 yr old boy was refused booze at 8am. They only touched on the murder really but did make it sound like it was a commonplace thing. I am going to find the email of the TV station and let them have it. They showed that bar sliding in Vila and they did make it look like it was part of the cruise. I am now officially wild.

Well, they have just had that item on the Pacific Sky on telly here with a couple of NZ teenagers claiming they were drugged. P & O did say the 18 yr old boy was refused booze at 8am. They only touched on the murder really but did make it sound like it was a commonplace thing. I am going to find the email of the TV station and let them have it. They showed that bar sliding in Vila and they did make it look like it was part of the cruise. I am now officially wild.

Rockie, we had those two in the Sunday Mail (Qld) last weekend, and on Today Tonight during the week.

Today Tonight took the line that they were "forced" by cruise staff to get up and dance at the pjama party, and leave their drinks unattended. This is when they claim that their drinks were spiked.

The hidden camera footage you saw Rockie was taken by Today Tonight (one of our trashy current affairs programs. It was taken on a Pacfic Star cruise in March, the cruise that myself and my family & friends were on, and is being used by the TT (and obviously now by TV in NZ) as "proof" of the goings on onboard ships.

As ADF says, when the footage of the bar sliding was shown in Australia TT were forced to apologise for leading passengers to believe it was happening on the ship, when in fact it was in a bar in Port Vila that a lot of foreign tourists (mostly Australian unfortunately) frequent, not just cruise ship passengers.

Today Tonight took the line that they were "forced" by cruise staff to get up and dance at the pjama party, and leave their drinks unattended. This is when they claim that their drinks were spiked.

I don't like their reportings but I would consider believing that they were "forced" to dance. On our Star cruise in January one of the staff hassled me to dance until I finally got up. She was being nice, we were friendly with her but I didn't really want to dance. I guess it is their job to get people to join in.

I don't like their reportings but I would consider believing that they were "forced" to dance. On our Star cruise in January one of the staff hassled me to dance until I finally got up. She was being nice, we were friendly with her but I didn't really want to dance. I guess it is their job to get people to join in.

Yes, it is their job to get people involved, and no offence meant to you here ADF, it's still your own personal choice whether to get up and dance. If they (or you) really didn't want to it's always possible to say NO. TT were trying to say the the P&O staff made it impossible for them to say no.

What I find interesting is that if they'd been at a night club on land - and had left their drinks on a table and got up to dance and they'd been spiked, which I imagine happens more than most people would care to think about, would anyone have heard about it?

Archived