suggestions on Victory?

afranco21

Why wouldnt it be a good idea?!? Its a cruise - go for it!! From all I have heard and all the research I have done, the Victory looks like a beautiful ship - I am so glad we chose it!

Where are you going?

you wont be dissapointed we went in january of last year and the ship was emaculant the staff was wonderful and the ports of call couldnt be better... we left out of miami and went to the western carabien leaving from miami was incredibl you will see what i mean

We have sailed the Victory twice - January 2004 and February 2003. The first time I used a travel agent and she suggested a balcony guarantee. We were upgraded to the Panorama Deck - cabin 1031 - absolutely PERFECT. We did the eastern Caribbean and were awestruck. This January off we went again with some friends and our 10 year old daughter - this time we used a Carnival PVP and booked early. When Carnival had one of their one day sails I called my PVP and asked if we could have an 8A with an upgrade to best possible within that category. She quickly answered yes, not only for us but for the couple we were cruising with - adjoining cabins, once again on the Panorama deck. Our little one had a bunk that pulled down from the ceiling - she LOVED it. In fact, cruising with her for the first time was an adventure as she loved to dress up for formal nights and felt quite the little princess. Her manners were incredible and she was as precious as one could imagine a little girl to be. She also opted to spend some evenings at Camp Carnival and loved the slumber party and reminds us all the time that she stayed out later that evening that Dad and me.

Shore excursions were great, food was great, cruise was excellent. We are booked again in October, this time the legend because my parents want to try cruising and my dad won't fly. We're driving to NYC from Maine just for him. I am looking so forward to introducing two more "newbies" to the wonderful world of cruising.

Oh by the way, I do prefer Carnival - hubby surprised me with a RC Maiden Voyage of the Serenade of the Seas transatlantic in August a year ago - it was wonderful, but not quite as fun as Carnival and the Caribbean.

Enjoy the Victory, you should love her - and remember - a vacation is what you make of it - have tons of fun.

I will be taking my second cruise on the Victory this August. It is a beautiful ship and I am sure you are going to enjoy it. The rooms are very spacious and the food is very good. Try to book a balcony cabin aft - they are wonderful!

I have sailed the Victory and the Sensation....including the Voyager last year. I am not committed to any one line. I am booked on two carnival cruises in the next coming months. I am looking at Princess for the one after those. I liked my Voyager cruise very much but Carnival gives me more choices of what to do with my time at night. Besides the price is always right.

Archived