HA Alaska- Best of Skagway Excursion?

Joy2theWorld

Has anyone been on the best of Skagway excursion offered by HA? It is the White Pass one way, bus back, stop at Liarsville, Salmon Bake and then the Red Onion Saloon. We'll be on the Ryndam in Sept. and I'm thinking of booking this. It looks like I will have to go independent in Juneau and Ketchikan as the excursions we were interested in are no longer available.

I can get the white pass and drive back down for 100 or so from an independent vendor, but I thought this might be nice with the salmon bake and stop at the Red Onion. Just not sure if it is worth the $199 per person.

Thank you!

We did this, or least something very close. We were also on the Ryndam in early May and we did the 8 hour excrusion where we took the bus up and took the train down from Carcross.They however did not take us to the Red Onion but we did stop in to look after the tour before going back to the ship. The bus would have taken us back to the ship but we elected to walk around Skagway. Even though it was raining and very cold:o As far as the excrusion gos it was one of the best we have taken thru HAL, for being the very first week of the Alaskan season our young guide was great and everyone did an excellent job. We would definitely take this tour again.

Archived