When do cabins with unpaid balances go back up as available?

I keep trying to do a search, but it keeps timing out... so I suppose I'll just ask...

Compared to when final payments are due for a cruise... when would those cabins that haven't had their final payments made, show up back online available for booking? My understanding is they tell everyone your final payment is due by 5PM on a certain date... so does that mean those unpaid cabins go back up at 5PM or is there a couple hours to several days of lag time?

Thanks in advance...

I beleive there may be a bit of a lag time. I was 2 days late in making my final payment for my last cruise (my fault) and my booking was still there. Best bet is to contact RCI or your TA directly to see what cabins are available.

hmmm... not what I wanted to hear :) hehe

I'm actually just hoping that the same cabin type that I'm booked in (and already fully paid) will open up on the other side of the ship... and since there aren't any right now... I was just curious when they'd go back for grabs.

I would suggest that you just call RCCL and ask them if there are any other cabins available. The website never shows all available cabins and you might just be able to change your cabin to the other side with just a phone call.. :)

Good luck getting a cabin where you wanna be! :):) and have a great vacation

hmmm... not what I wanted to hear :) hehe

I'm actually just hoping that the same cabin type that I'm booked in (and already fully paid) will open up on the other side of the ship... and since there aren't any right now... I was just curious when they'd go back for grabs.

We changed from starboard to port side in the same cabin class after final payments were due on our Alaska cruise. I contacted my travel agent about two weeks after final payments were due.

before the cruise is when TA's learn of what cabins are available. Diamond Plus members get first grab at suites for free upgrades * me a Diamond keeps hoping. But we have gotten JS or better for $100 more & took it!

Then they show up in the Happy Hour sale if they still are not selling by 60 days before.

before the cruise is when TA's learn of what cabins are available. Diamond Plus members get first grab at suites for free upgrades * me a Diamond keeps hoping. But we have gotten JS or better for $100 more & took it!

Then they show up in the Happy Hour sale if they still are not selling by 60 days before.

Explain please how you got a JS for $100 more.

Final payment with a TA can be different from the cruise line. Our former TA requested final about 2 weeks prior to Royals final. Just keep that in mine. Look at the calender to see when actual final would have been due with Royal.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Brenda............I know that you are accurate in your statements.........but sometimes leave out details. Do you want to explain how you got the JS for $100 more?

Anyway.........we are waitlisted on a Jewel cruise, and it will be interesting to see if we can get any of the cabins we have requested.

Rick

Hi Rick - what Jewel cruise are you waitlisted on?

Also before becoming Diamond Plus, we put in a request to Guest Relations re: upgrade. After 2 days, they informed us that an upgrade was available for $75 more (I think after the ship sails, the price is at the discretion of the Purser's office.) Anyhow, that is how it worked with us. We upgraded from an E1 to a JS.

Bobbie - Hi and how are "things" going? Email me.

Margie

I would contact your TA or RCCL. We were 5 weeks late paying our last cruise in full. Well we thought we had already paid in full. When I called our TA to find out why we had not received our docs yet, they said we still owed $100 (after searching our bank records we found out they were right) even though we had an invoice from them showing we had paid in full. Our cabin was still there. Granted the situtation may have been different if we were sailing during a busy period. At the time we were sailing the end of October.

and I know she is working to get you what you want. I do believe, as my friend a physic told me the family & friends are always working to keep you safe & happy. You may feel a kick with no one near you & it is one of them as you did something relaly stupid. I do believe it!

I even have my Hawaiian gods working with one at the front door & other other at the back, and CPD all over our street with robberies with our next door neighbors who just moved in s the robbers. Never tried to enter out place but everone around me was robbed.

So I feel you will land the best for the cruise. PATIENCE...........

Brenda............I know that you are accurate in your statements.........but sometimes leave out details. Do you want to explain how you got the JS for $100 more?

Anyway.........we are waitlisted on a Jewel cruise, and it will be interesting to see if we can get any of the cabins we have requested.

Rick

Archived