Summer Canada/NE cruising with Kids, any recommendations?

I'm having a hard time finding an 07 summer cruise to New England/Canada for our family. We would like a 7 day cruise, preferably in July or early August and it seems that most are 5 nights and even those are few. Any suggestions as to cruise lines to look at? Thanks for any help.

Holland America offers 7 day NE/Canada cruises either from Montreal to Boston, or the reverse. Check the HAL website, click on destinations, month and year, the choose Maasdam for the ship.

Many lines offer 7-10 NE trips. NCL, RCI, Celebrity.

Good Luck,

GN

Thanks for the info, but I'm still having trouble finding Canada/New England cruises for next summer. I have tried several sites and can only find one RCI cruise and 2 HAL cruises and nothing on Carnival, Celebrity or other lines. Am I too early? Maybe I am looking in the wrong places. I've cruised about 7 times now so am not exactly a novice but I'm having no luck. Anybody have any help? thanks

HAL Masdam should be sailing every other Saturday from Montreal and every other from Boston starting late May through October. There are usually 1 or 2 10 day trips to and from NY to Montreal at each end of the season. In July Maasdam goes to Europe for a month and I don't know if another HAL ship will replace her on this route. I'll check my sources and get back to you.

GN

Sat Jun 2, 20077CANADA & NEW ENGLAND DISCOVERYms Maasdam Montreal, Quebec to Boston, Massachusetts

Sat Jun 9, 20077CANADA & NEW ENGLAND DISCOVERYms Maasdam Boston, Massachusetts to Montreal, Quebec

Sat Jun 16, 20077CANADA & NEW ENGLAND DISCOVERYms Maasdam Montreal, Quebec to Boston, Massachusetts

Sat Jun 23, 20077HISTORIC COASTS CRUISEms Maasdam Boston, Massachusetts to Boston, Massachusetts

Go to the HAL website and click on destinations. On the right side of the screen a box will come up asking destination, month and year, ship enter Maasdam, and duration 6-8 days. If you do this month for month, May, June, August, Sept. and October, you'll get all the dates. If you click view beside the date you'll pull up the itinerary. You can click on price and see the cabin categories. If you've sailed any Carnival Corp cruise line(including princess) you're eligible for a discount.

Hope this helps,

GN

KyBuckeye

I am also looking for a Canada/New England cruise next summer. Last year we did the Maasdam Boston round trip. It is offered next year, but is limited to a few sailings. We enjoyed it very much! The ship had a naturalist on board. He and his wife were great! I spent a great deal of time on deck and observed sea turtles, porpoise and whales. Maasdam also does the "one way" cruises from Boston to Montreal and vice versa. There are more Canadian stops, but it is "one way".

I also am considering a Baltimore round trip on Grandeur of The Seas. It looks like it will price out at about the same rate as Maasdam, but it is 9 days! The itinerary is almost the same, but you stop at Boston instead of Newport, which I like much better! The extra 2 days are sea days, which, again, makes it a better trip. My TA is pricing it for us.

Maybe we will end up on the same cruise! Have a great trip whatever you choose.

Thanks for the info, but I'm still having trouble finding Canada/New England cruises for next summer. I have tried several sites and can only find one RCI cruise and 2 HAL cruises and nothing on Carnival, Celebrity or other lines. Am I too early? Maybe I am looking in the wrong places. I've cruised about 7 times now so am not exactly a novice but I'm having no luck. Anybody have any help? thanks

Carnival runs 4 and 5-day cruises June-early September, then goes to 7-day cruises in the fall. We did the 5-day two years ago, stopping at Saint John and Halifax, and had a great time; we're going back for the 4-day over Labor Day this year.

My daughter's Girl Scout troop is considering the 5-night. Not meaning to hijack this thread, but can you give some idea about the cruise/excursions? What did you like about it? What can you recommend for 13 year olds?

Thanks! :)

Carnival runs 4 and 5-day cruises June-early September, then goes to 7-day cruises in the fall. We did the 5-day two years ago, stopping at Saint John and Halifax, and had a great time; we're going back for the 4-day over Labor Day this year.

Archived