Garden of Eden?

O2BKate

Does anyone know of a mountain top restaurant in Puerta Vallarta that is or was called the Garden of Eden? It is not listed as an excursion on our sailing on HAL in September.

Cruisin' Kate

Does anyone know of a mountain top restaurant in Puerta Vallarta that is or was called the Garden of Eden? It is not listed as an excursion on our sailing on HAL in September.

Cruisin' Kate

Try looking below.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=puerto+vallarta+garden+of+eden+resturant&fr=FP-tab-web-t400&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8

Cruisin' Kate

I have never heard of a restaurant named "Garden of Eden" in the Puerto Vallarta area. There is a river valley south of Vallarta the has the El Eden canopy tour, El Eden restaurant and the better known Chico's Paradise Restaurant. Do a google search for El Eden Vallarta and look at those results.

There are a number of hillside/hill top restaurants in Vallarta that offer panoramic views.

Enjoy!

I have to agree with MSN there...I also haven't heard of "Garden of Eden" in Puerto Vallarta, and would suggest that you are maybe thinking of "El Eden" where there is a jungle restaurant (not a mountain top restaurant though).

There is a restaurant that is allegedly "high atop the mountains" up the Rio Cuale that you visit on the new Rio Cuale canopy tour, but I'm not sure what it's name is. It's possible that this is the one...

Thanks everyone for your answers. My brother is one of our group and says he thought he'd been to this place before, just couldn't remember it completely. I'll pass the information on to him and let him do any further research.

Cruisin' Kate

Thanks everyone for your answers. My brother is one of our group and says he thought he'd been to this place before, just couldn't remember it completely. I'll pass the information on to him and let him do any further research.

Cruisin' Kate

I think this might be the restaurant you are looking for. We haven't been there yet ... it's on our list for this year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From http://www.allvallarta.com

Las Carmelitas

$10-$15

Rancho Camino de la Aguacater Km 1.2 (arriba del tunel grande)

303-2104, 303-2103, 222-0845 (If those fail, try 329-6476)

Hours: 1:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. (Not 100% sure of opening time. I’d call first.)

A dirt-floor palapa restaurant way up on top of a mountain to the east of town and about an 80-100 peso cab fare one way. At the gate, they will charge you 50 pesos per person which will come off your meal tab. This discourages people just going up there for photos and the view.

Serves traditional Mexican fare, steaks and seafood, all cooked on a mesquite grill. The ride is not for the meek or those afraid of heights, but the view from the top makes it well worth the adventure. You can see for miles and miles north and south and are otherwise surrounded by lush foliage. The food is pretty darn good and is all cooked on a mesquite grill. It can get cool up in the mountains in the evening, but if you don’t have a sweater or light jacket, they’ll give you a serape to wear. I recommend phoning for reservations, especially if you want to go for the sunset.

Brenda says: Forget about getting here during the rainy season! Usually the road is too messed up for a taxi to get there. They are building a new building on the top look-out point, at one time rumored to be a disco! This is the highest point (390 meters) in all of Vallarta with facilities.

Tips: If you are afraid of heights or scary roads, either get a valium or think twice…but it is sooooo worth going just for the view. Don’t forget your camera!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoy!

Archived