Bad Publicity... Pacific Star

Painter

I went to a function last night and found myself in an awkward position that almost brought me to tears.

I cruised on Pacific Star in March 06.

After the bad publicity with the Dianne Brimble incident I was teased with this comment.

"Now we know why you like to cruise with P&O"

It made me feel sick to think they were thinking I went on this cruise for sex and drugs.

Yes our cabin (four middle aged sisters) was next to four boys that were up to mischief and keep us all awake the first night.

My sister reported it to the desk who took the complaint very seriously and we didn't hear a peep out of them for the rest of the cruise.

I was going to go on a Sun Cruise next year but last night took the

fun out of that.

I hope the view of P&O cruising with the general public will change in time.

Painter.

It is a shame that some people think that all cruising is, is one big orgy. Yes it can be a big party but that doesn't mean everyone parties to excess.

I am sorry that you felt awkward about the comments. I guess all we can do is talk about the wonderful times we had and emphasise the clean fun that can be had on these cruises to get more people to experience them and wipeout out all those "nasties"

Welcome back Marleneanne. It's been a while since we heard from you. Sorry to hear you were put in such a position. The thing is, the people that make these comments are of course the ones that have never cruised (because if they had they'd know it's not really like that). Personally, I think the only reason they make these remarks is because they are jealous that they have never been on a cruise. Don't let other people make up your mind about future cruises. I've had a few people ask me if anythng like that went on on our cruise and have said they won't cruise because of the stories but hey, we still went ahead & booked another one.

Karen

the only reason that people say these things about p&o is so they can sound important. all the facts that they have are based on what they have seen on those a current affairs shows (which dont give the whole story).

what it comes down to is, they havnt been on a cruise, you have and you have the knowledge that these things dont always happen. dont let it spoil you idea of a holiday.

take care,

sam.

ps. what cruise did you go on in march?

I would like to bet that any of these people would jump at the chance to go on any cruise if someone gave it to them and they didnt have to make the effort to save and pay for themselves. I have had similar comments after returning a couple of weeks ago from Pacific Sun on 21st june and all of the negative comments have been from people who have NEVER been on a cruise

I have had people say the most stupid things about the cruises we have been on. One person asked how the cruise was, so I started to tell her, (okay, maybe I am a cruise bore, but hey), she then interrupted my first sentence to tell me that it was boring, that we didn't have a good time, that there was nothing to do and she said, "Oh, I like to excersize and you can't do that on a ship"I walked away from the stupid B****ch. I tried to tell her there was heaps to do, excerise things if you wanted that sort of thing, and I then I thought, what the hell, I can't be bothered. Those are sadarses as far as I'm concerned and I now avoid her at all costs. We live in a small town and it isn't easy to avoid people sometimes. Like the others said, Jealousy, Jealousy, Jealousy. Don't let these sadar***s put you off another cruise. They really are not worth it.

I have had people say the most stupid things about the cruises we have been on. One person asked how the cruise was, so I started to tell her, (okay, maybe I am a cruise bore, but hey), she then interrupted my first sentence to tell me that it was boring, that we didn't have a good time, that there was nothing to do and she said, "Oh, I like to excersize and you can't do that on a ship"I walked away from the stupid B****ch. I tried to tell her there was heaps to do, excerise things if you wanted that sort of thing, and I then I thought, what the hell, I can't be bothered. Those are sadarses as far as I'm concerned and I now avoid her at all costs. We live in a small town and it isn't easy to avoid people sometimes. Like the others said, Jealousy, Jealousy, Jealousy. Don't let these sadar***s put you off another cruise. They really are not worth it.

Rocky ...have you read my Sapphire Princess page.

Just go to

http://home.iprimus.com.au/marleneann/

Click on the button for Sapphire Princess.

Thanks for that Marleanne. I want to go to the chocolate factory. Did you book this before you went or can you book this onboard. And also the Antartic Centre, are these able to be booked onboard?

well ill be. so she did :D

also i cop a fair bit of critisism from folks at my school about crusing and as far as i can see, thats their problem. or they are just jealous that im marking the end of year 12 with a cruise and they arnt:cool:

cheers,

sam.

NOTE: i am not one of those wild, boozed up young people that a current affairs shows say cruise ships are full of.

Yes Sam ...I was on the three day cruise to nowhere.

Rockie...yes I booked both of those attractions via the internet months before I left.

Make sure you go into the Snow Storm. I think the ride is the thing you have to book just in case they are busy. You don't have a lot of time to wait around as this place is a bus trip from the city.

Make sure you book the Chocolate Factory as there were lots of passengers who didn't book and couldn't go.

Hope this helps.

Marleneann.

Rockie...another thing ....If you book through Princess...do it as soon as you can. They have a limited number they can take. I wouldn't wait until your onboard.

Rockie,

when you get off the Sapphire in Auckland I will be getting on.

We are taking the kids this time flying over to NZ for 10 days before hand to travel Nth Island and then boarding the ship.

Marleneann's review is exactly what it is like on Sapphire. This will be our 2nd time on board. Last year we went from Sydney to Bangkok.

Marleneann- I have taken note of you review of each of the ports for next year.

Archived