Suite-Embarkation

reesa

Your question is if suites have a seperate line?

As I remember they do- that is one of the perks of being in a suite.

But, as the posters above and as I am- get into the lines posted above. Call Princess to find out. Or your TA should know that one. Read what it comes with in the princess book.

Have a great cruise.

What if I'm in a suite but the other part of my gang are not (1 other cabin that is for right now). They've linked our reservations because some of them are family and for dining reasons. Will they allow them to embark with me or are they sticklers on this? What if 2 more cabins (total of 3 cabins) join for a family reunion of sorts. Would it be more polite for me to board with the others instead of me trying to have all my groupies...errr, I mean family, :D board with me in the "special" line if they choose not to book a suite? I'm trying to talk everyone into mini-suites as it is. :rolleyes: I'm thinking it'd be best to schmuck the lines with them as not to cause a scene but I'd sure miss having my "perk." I'm not going to leave them behind either and wave to them as I get on the ship. :p Why that would be so wrong.

What if I'm in a suite but the other part of my gang are not (1 other cabin that is for right now). They've linked our reservations because some of them are family and for dining reasons. Will they allow them to embark with me or are they sticklers on this? What if 2 more cabins (total of 3 cabins) join for a family reunion of sorts. Would it be more polite for me to board with the others instead of me trying to have all my groupies...errr, I mean family, :D board with me in the "special" line if they choose not to book a suite? I'm trying to talk everyone into mini-suites as it is. :rolleyes: I'm thinking it'd be best to schmuck the lines with them as not to cause a scene but I'd sure miss having my "perk." I'm not going to leave them behind either and wave to them as I get on the ship. :p Why that would be so wrong.

Even if they are in mini-suites they wouldn't get the perk along with you. And unless it's your kids with you in their own stateroom, it's not okay to bring them along with you.

Depending on where you check in is how the boarding goes. When we checked in at Fort Lauderdale we were given the #1 and our friends who were not in a suite were given #3. So we did head up to the check in area prior to them but they ended up getting on board at the same time as us as our person checking us in was really slow. Besides, once you get in you may have to split up lines anyway depending on whether or not you are on the same deck.

We didn't always get to use our priority tender tickets as in places like Cozumel we waited for their number to be called and got off with them but that was just fine. It just meant that we didn't have to go down early and get a tender ticket and could simply walk off the ship with them when their number was called.

If my husband and I are in the penthouse suite but my children are across the hall does that mean we give up the priority embarkation? Obviously I go where my children go.

My children are not in a suite. Would that make a difference?

Take you children with you to the Platinum/Elite/Suite check-in line.

On the Golden this spring DH and I were Platinum and my parents were traveling on Princess for the first time. We were directed by one of the Princess reps at the terminal to the Platinum check-in and I mentioned that it was my parents first Princess cruise, she gave us a big smile, welcomed them to Princess and directed them to stay with us.

It shouldn't be a problem. ;)

If my husband and I are in the penthouse suite but my children are across the hall does that mean we give up the priority embarkation? Obviously I go where my children go.

No, the kids are more than welcome to come with you. We were only given priority tendering tickets for my husband and myself since we were the ones in the suite and I simply went down to the purser's desk and got 3 more for my kids every time we needed them. They never questioned me about my kids coming with us, it's a given I guess.

I don't know if this is true on Princess, but a couple of years ago, when we were on Carnival, we had priority embarkation and my sister did not. However, I was using MY chRoberta

arge for her charges. I told the suite person (actually we had a mini-suite) and she took care of my sister's embarkation, too.

So, if you are in a suite and your kids are being paid for by YOU, they get to go with you in the fast embarkation line.

Archived