Alcohol: Can I bring this on board? Yes and No

pjamk

Carnivals policy

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of nonalcoholic beverages. All liquor, excessive quantities of wine and nonalcoholic beverages, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

We recently sailed on Holland America (A Carnival owned cruise line) and we brought a suitcase with 10 bottles of wine, drank 6 and brought 4 home. We purchased them locally before getting on the ship. The cabin stewart left us wine glasses each day to drink from in our cabin. Don't forget to bring your cork screw on the trip.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

We recently sailed on Holland America (A Carnival owned cruise line) and we brought a suitcase with 10 bottles of wine, drank 6 and brought 4 home. We purchased them locally before getting on the ship. The cabin stewart left us wine glasses each day to drink from in our cabin. Don't forget to bring your cork screw on the trip.

Hi PJ - Welcome to the Carnival board. I don't know exactly why you posted Carnival's policy. We all know the policy, and that we can bring wine on board at embarkation only.

My cabin steward has always gotten a Carnival logo corkscrew for me when I bring my own wine or have a gift wine sent to my cabin.

FYI - All Carnival-owned cruiselines do not have the same policies.

I thought shouting was when you typed in all caps?

Check any of Cottons postings and you'll see they all have bold text.

You seem yo be new to the boards so welcome and the subject of alcohol policies has been gone over more times than I want to remember.

Stick around and you'll see what I mean.:)

Bill

They all seem to be similar, have a great day

Thanks for shouting at me in bold type! How courteous and I doubt everyone know's the policy. :)

Yeah, most experienced cruisers know the policy! And - as you have found out, it is clearly shown in terms and agreements at Carnival's website. Most people don't take the time to read the contract of carriage and therefore raise a stink when they get "caught". Of course, that doesn't stop the Jack Sparrows of the world.

And Caps is shouting - not bold print.:rolleyes:

Have a great day!

They all seem to be similar, have a great day

Thanks for shouting at me in bold type! How courteous and I doubt everyone know's the policy. :)

Typing in bold is not shouting. THIS IS SHOUTING! And yes, Cotton WAS being courteous.

Everyone doesn't know the policy unless they read this board (or any other cruise board) with some regularity. They are the ones that come on here after their booze has been confiscated complaining. They get no sympathy for not doing their research before the cruise.

I am new to Carnival and had planned to look up their policy since different cruise line's policies differ. On RCI we couldn't bring any alcohol on board (I know some do anyway). On Holland America, I brought 4 bottles of wine and shared 3 on board at dinner. So, thanks, pjamk, for posting this. It saved me some time.

jcg

Just wanted to throw in that I have never been charged a corkage fee in the dining room. Our waiters have allways gladly opened, and served our wine we brought on board. Maybe we have just been lucky........

Typing in bold is not shouting. THIS IS SHOUTING! And yes, Cotton WAS being courteous.

Everyone doesn't know the policy unless they read this board (or any other cruise board) with some regularity. They are the ones that come on here after their booze has been confiscated complaining. They get no sympathy for not doing their research before the cruise.

Well, they could know if they ever took the time to actually read the terms and conditions/contract of carriage and other info that comes with the dox.......but nooooooo!

Many feel they have paid their money which entitles them to do what they darned well please - and don't give them any hassle about it. Same sort of folks who don't believe the rules ever apply to them..that somehow they are the exception.

PAH!:cool:

Moondance and I brought 3 bottles, we brought them to 3 of the dinners, and were never charged the corkage fee, but I would not have been upset if we had been charged.

I did tip our waiters near the begining of the cruise, but that was because I wanted too, not to avoid the fee.

I have no idea how many they would allow, but we brought these three in our carry on's, so they knew we had them. Nothing hidden about them.

How many bottles of wine is too much that Carnival will allow?

We brought 7 on Holland Americas Oosterdam, a sister cruise line with the exact same policy. All were packed in 1 bag. We plan on bringing a wine carrier with 6 bottles on our 5 night cruise leaving later this month. We plan on carrying it on the ship! I'll post after we return about the experience!

How many bottles of wine is too much that Carnival will allow?

Depends on who is working that day... and what THEY think is excessive. The policy used to state one bottle... they change it every other day :p

My husband and I drink very little but thought it might be nice to have a few wine coolers with us if we chose to have one. Has anyone ever taken wine coolers along in their luggage? This isn't that big of deal to us either way. Just curious. :confused:

My husband and I drink very little but thought it might be nice to have a few wine coolers with us if we chose to have one. Has anyone ever taken wine coolers along in their luggage? This isn't that big of deal to us either way. Just curious. :confused:

Take a bottle of a sweet white, and mix it with sprite zero, instant wine cooler without all the extra calories!

I THINK wine coolers are considered more a malt beverage?? Not sure... never touch the things, LOL... but I don't think you can get away with it. A bottle of wine or champagne, but I don't think wine coolers would pass. IF you want to take them, take them in your checked luggage.

• 8 months later...
Take a bottle of a sweet white, and mix it with sprite zero, instant wine cooler without all the extra calories!

do they have sprite zero on board or do we have to bring it ?

has anyone tried to take wine coolers on board without hiding them ? I too am curious , I love wine coolers :D

You can bring liquor in packed luggage if you want to take the chance. Just be sure to put it in plastic bottles and I also suggest putting the bottles in zip lock bags in case they do get damaged for some reason. We packed liquor for my husband, son and son's girfriend. Husband likes his homemade Kaluha before retiring each night, and son and girlfriend can't afford a big liquor tab. I hardly drink, so I order purchase the few Margaritas and Pinya Coladas I have while cruising from the bars.

Archived