Hotel in Montreal before Maasdam

giggles217

Awhile ago I had read a posting describing a great hotel in Montreal pre-cruise on the Maasdam. Of course now that I'm ready to book a hotel I can't seem to find the post or remember the name of the hotel. I'm hoping someone can help me. The hotel was located in Old Montreal and was ~ 5 - 10 minutes from the port. It was described as not looking like much from the outside but very nice in the inside. Close to some good restauraunts and Old Montreal. It alos wasn't super expensive. Not too much to go on and probably can decribe many hotels but I'm hoping someone can help me.

We stayed at the Hotel Nelligan in Old Montreal after our Boston/Montreal Cruise. We thought it was great- short walk to the Port and they checked us in at around 10:30 AM. It is a little on the high side as far as cost goes, but the staff was great. You can check them out at www.hotelnelligan.com or at 514-788-2040.

The only hotel I've stayed at is the Champlain in downtown Montreal. A beautiful hotel overlooking a small "historic" park with a view up to Mont Royal. It's just a short stroll to either Old Montreal (very artsy with bistros) or St.Catharines St.(shopping galore). If it's your 1st time in the city, grab a horse drawn carriage in the park and have them take you on a tour of Old Montreal. Fantastic!!

In 2005 stayed in Old Town Montreal area at Auberge Bonaparte before Maasdam cruise. This small hotel (30 rooms) was charming. The Restaurant Bonaparte provided a wonderful breakfast (included). Also ate dinner there. Check out the reviews on tripadvisor.com. I can confirm that the room looked exactly like the photos shown. Would gladly stay there again :)

• 1 month later...

It's probably too late for this post but I'm a huge fan of the Hotel Place d'Armes in Old Montreal. I was lucky enough to go to Montreal on business three or four times last year (sadly none this year). The service is fabulous. There is a complimentary wine and cheese serving for two hours in the evening and a continental plus breakfast is included (not just muffins).

Archived