Hotels in Sydney

VaFla

My husband and I are in the planning stages of a cruise to Australia next year. This will be our first time in Australia. Really looking forward to it.

We would like to stay in Sydney for a few days and want to book our own hotel. I’m looking at hotels that won’t break the budget – say not over $200 a night..

Has anyone stayed at or have any info on the Travelodge Wynyard on York Street? I understand that it is undergoing renovation and was formerly called the Corus.

We don’t need a fancy hotel, but one that is clean and within walking distance of the major attractions. Preferably near The Rocks and Opera House.

Thanks for any info or other recommendations.

we just booked a hotel in sydney using priceline.

this is for april 2007.

i bid for a 5* hotel in the city center.

my winning bid was $130.00 u.s. dollars per night.

the hotel is the marriott sydney harbour.

hope this helps you.

burtshell

Sydney is unusual in that the Sydney Harbour Marriott regularly turns up as the 5* hotel supplier for Priceline. There are few occasions when any other hotel is returned by Priceline, so you can bid for a 5* with a reasonable degree of confidence that this is the hotel you'll get, if you get anything.

At the usual levels of accepted bid (generally USD 100-150), it's pretty good value. The location can't be beaten. In fact, with good wheelie luggage, you could actually walk to the Circular Quay cruise terminal from there.

• 1 month later...
My husband and I are in the planning stages of a cruise to Australia next year. This will be our first time in Australia. Really looking forward to it.

We would like to stay in Sydney for a few days and want to book our own hotel. I’m looking at hotels that won’t break the budget – say not over $200 a night..

Has anyone stayed at or have any info on the Travelodge Wynyard on York Street? I understand that it is undergoing renovation and was formerly called the Corus.

We don’t need a fancy hotel, but one that is clean and within walking distance of the major attractions. Preferably near The Rocks and Opera House.

Thanks for any info or other recommendations.

If you are interested in travelodges i'd recommend travelodge off oxford street (darlinghurst) its on wentowrth ave (www.travelodge.com.au for locations). right near central station (close to everything- right in the heart of the city) or the novotel (or Ibis) at darling harbour if you are after some great night views.

Have you thought about staying at Darling Harbour. I just love it. The Novotel there is in a great location. Lots of great restaurants and the Sydney aquariumis there and its close to shopping and China town. There's also a ferry (cheapest way to see the harbour) that runs from Darling Harbour to Circular Quay which is the Rocks area. I always go to Darling Harbour on a trip to Sydney. You can also pick up the Monorail there which is a great way to get an overview of the CBD and you can hop off and look at areas of interest - and if you buy a day ticket its great value. Colleen

The Sydney explorer bus is a great way to see Sydney hop on hop off. The view from Mrs Macquarie's chair is fantastic. The local harbour ferries are a great way to see the harbour in the day and a night trip is just beautiful.The bridge and the Opera House viewed from the water is just magic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived