Annual price increases

I am not a long time cruiser, just started in the last 2 years or so....Can anyone tell me about how much a year a cruise goes up?

The reason I am asking is because my parents want to do a whole family 7 night European cruise in 2011, for their 50th anniversary and they put me in charge of all arrangements. I will probably use a TA when the time comes, but I am trying to get an idea of the cost , approximate of course.

Thanks for any info!

T

There are so many variables, I don't know if anyone could guess how much it would be in 2011. Fuel cost is obviously a major expense to the cruise lines, and we all know how much it costs to fill up our gas tanks these days - and I doubt it will get any better. The time of year and the particular cruise you take also figures into the mix. On the other hand, you have plenty of time to save up for the cruise!

Unfortunately you cant even solidify your itinerary now because they are subject to change in the next 5 years....

What I would do is keep on top of it and, as soon as the 2011 itineraries come out, be proactive in picking, and booking, a cruise.

The earlier you book the most garanteed you are that any price increases wont affect you.

Today, RCCL standards are, if after you book the price of your cruise goes down, you are entitled to the price reduction.

Dont know what the poicy on that will be in a few years though.

Unknown... the best advice would be to book early to lock in a rate. If the price increases, you are protected. On the other hand, you should monitor the price on a regular basis and, if the price decreases (it does happen) you can benefit from the reduction.

One advantage to booking directly with RCCL is that they will make an immediate change to your booking if you call them and let them know about the lower rate.

Archived