Secret Harbour - Has anyone been?

DM

There was a little blurb on one of the posts about the great snorkling at Secret Harbour. I tried to get more info and did a search on this board with no luck. It appears that Secret Harbour is a resort. Does anyone know if cruise ship passengers can access the beach & snorkling? We will be renting a car and would like to stop at a couple of spots. Thanks for any information.

Debbie

That's curious because I have mentioned Secret Harbor many times. Yep, you can use it free. Pretty short taxi ride from Charlotte Amalie. Good snorkeling to the right. Don't let the iguanas in the palm trees scare ya :-)

Does anyone know what a taxi would cost per person to get to Secret HArbor?

We have aparty of 4 adults- does the taxi fee go down if you get more adults into one cab-or is it a set fee?

Almost 100 round trip to get anywhere for the 4 of us seems awful high

Does anyone know what a taxi would cost per person to get to Secret HArbor?

We have aparty of 4 adults- does the taxi fee go down if you get more adults into one cab-or is it a set fee?

Almost 100 round trip to get anywhere for the 4 of us seems awful high

Here you go:

http://www.*****/stthomas/getting_around_stt/taxi_stt/

Hello,

Serene, the taxi fares here are a set price per person, per destination.

Giz, there are a couple umbrellas set in certain spots if I remeber correctly but not the kind you can rent and put where ever you want to sit. Plenty of palm trees for shade. Yes you can rent chairs.

--Islander

Linda-- thanks so much- I thought i saw something like that but couldnt find it. I will need it for Sept and February.

I know we get a little discount if two people are in a cab- what about 4 people?

80 bucks for a cab round trip seems awful expensive.

I guess we tip too huh?? (LOL)

so looking over the pricing guide- seems it will cost 10pp n omatter what beach we go to.

Hello Serene,

It is roughly $8-$10 by taxi from Havensight to most of the popular beach choices asked about like Magens, Coki, Sapphire and Secret Harbor. Its about $6 to Emerald Beach which is accross town from Havensight. And about the same to Morningstar which is relatively close to Havensight as well.

You can review transporation options for St. Thomas at http://www.*****/stthomas/getting_around_stt/.

--Islander

Serene,

Consider renting a car, that is what we are planning to do. We visited St. Thomas a couple of times and rented a jeep right across the street from the pier. We have five in our party and it is much less than paying for cab fair, especially if you want to make a few different stops. You just have to be prepared to drive on the opposite side of the road.

Debbie

Serene,

Consider renting a car, that is what we are planning to do. We visited St. Thomas a couple of times and rented a jeep right across the street from the pier. We have five in our party and it is much less than paying for cab fair, especially if you want to make a few different stops. You just have to be prepared to drive on the opposite side of the road.

Debbie

Debbie- yikes-- no way could I drive in St thomas. Those people are crazy--lol I would be stressed out totally.

Serene,

They only look crazy because they are driving on the wrong side! LOL! Actually, my husband is the one who has done all the driving there. He just takes his time and doesn't seem the least bit flustered. I don't know if I could be that confident!

The first time we went to St. Thomas, we used cabs and spent a fortune getting around. As I said, the next couple of times, we rented a jeep and went out on our own. Besides being free to stop at several different spots, we could also pull over whenever we passed a breathtaking view to snap some pictures. Oh, and we did alot of pulling over! The views are just amazing!

Is there someone you are traveling with that may have the nerve to drive?

Debbie

If you can find someone who has the nerve to drive :p, the person in the passenger seat can be the co-pilot whose job it would be to remind the driver to keep to the left. That was my job. We managed well that way. Hubby wasn't phased by the steep hills and hairpin turns. But I know I would have been. :eek:

We stayed at Secret Harbor two years ago and the snorkeling was great. Just went back for the day on AoS and the snorkeling was only so-so. Water was very cloudy and fish were in hiding. Still the beach is beautiful and the chairs were plentiful. No one asked us to pay to lounge. We did order a couple of drinks, however.

Archived