Kenai Fjords Cruise Transfer Upgrade?

maggie mac

I will be with a group of 6 friends on a HAL cruisetour to Alaska in a couple of months and have some questions about the logistics for the last day of our cruise. If anyone has taken the Kenai Fjords cruise transfer upgrade, I'd appreciate any information you can provide.

Ordinarily people on the cruisetour have a free morning in Seward, lunch on the Statendam, then a motorcoach to Anchorage. However, we have chosen the cruise upgrade which leaves the ship at 7am.

Room service is available 24 hours so we'd be able to have breakfast before leaving, correct? Would either the Lido or dining room be available that early? Also is this our final deparature from the ship so that all accounts, etc. need to be taken care of first? Or do we do the cruise, then return to the ship? If we don't return to the ship, where do we stop for lunch?

Does it seem like I'm hung up on when and how we're going to eat? Probably because we only recently realized they don't feed us once we leave the ship and since I'm the one doing all the research, I'm trying to make sure I cover all our bases (or hunger pains).

I've mostly been a reader, not a poster, but I've picked up a lot of really useful information here and on the Alaska board and I just wanted to say thanks.

Margaret

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that if early departures are scheduled, that HAL will take this into account an open the Lido early.

Most likely, all accouhnts will have to be settled the night before departure but certainly before you leave the ship..

tour and it was one of THE highlights of the whole cruise. It is fantastic. In my case, after the tour we were taken to retrieve our luggage(somewhere in the city at a hotel) and then I was dropped off at the airport for my flight home.

I don't recall the food situation, but I am sure you will be able to have room service that morning or the lido. I prefer room service the morning of disembarking, much more relaxing than the lido.

I hope this helps some.

Marie

As far as breakfast, don't worry....HAL will make provisions for you to eat. Feeding you is one of the things they do best.;) Not sure about the room service hours, but if I remember correctly, the Lido opens earlier on the last day. I know we have never had any problem getting breakfast before leaving the ship. When they have groups going out early, they always have food available somewhere.

As far as the Kenai Fjords cruise goes, my guess is that you are taking the 8:00 a.m. National Park Tour which includes lunch. If that isn't the case, I'm sure there will be some provisions for lunch.

You'll have plenty of time once you get onboard to find out the particulars. You can probably get the information at the Shore Excursions office.

We are also hoping to take this same excursion through HAL as an addition to our land tour. We will be taken to our hotel in Anchorage following the catamaran tripand will have our carry-on with us. Is there a place on the catamaran for these or a locker to keep them dry? On other catamarans we have had water from rain or rough water sloshing about on the floor. Because of medicine we must keep these with us.

Archived