Did I pay too much

Sandi149

This is my first time sailing with Carnival. My husband and I are going on the Legend on a Cruise to Nowhere in Oct. We have a Balcony 8D cabin and are paying $973. To me this sounds like a bit too much.

What does everyone else think?

Thanks.

Sandi

This is my first time sailing with Carnival. My husband and I are going on the Legend on a Cruise to Nowhere in Oct. We have a Balcony 8D cabin and are paying $973. To me this sounds like a bit too much.

Thanks.

Sandi

How long is the cruise??? And if you thought it was too much, I'm curious as to why you booked it??

I just ran it on an online site and got this:

My Trip So Far - 2 Adults Total Trip = $995.30

Departure Thu, Oct 19

5:00 pm 2 Night Nowhere Cruise

Itinerary: Roundtrip New York

Ship Name: Carnival Legend

Cruise Line: Carnival Cruise Lines

Stateroom: 8D, Balcony Stateroom # 6190

Return Sat, Oct 21

8:00 am

Cruise Itinerary

Day Port of Call Arrival Departure

Thu, Oct 19 New York, New York -- 5:00 pm

Fri, Oct 20 At Sea -- --

Sat, Oct 21 New York, New York 8:00 am --

Your Price Breakdown

Price Summary Passenger 1 Passenger 2 Total

Cruise Rate: $459.00 $459.00 $918.00

Cruise Taxes and Fees: $38.65 $38.65 $77.30

Total Price: $497.65 $497.65 $995.30

Minimum Amount Due: $100.00

Remaining Balance: due on or before Aug 10, 2006 $895.30

How long is the cruise??? And if you thought it was too much, I'm curious as to why you booked it??

How long is your average "cruise to no where"?

Yes, I think thats too much for a 2 or 3 day cruise. Since it is so short a cruise, you may want to book an inside and save your pennies for a balcony on a longer one.:eek:

Thanks.

Sandi

Yes, you did. I just checked their web site, and unless you've included trip insurance, transportation to and from the port, and other bells and whistles I didn't think of, you probably did pay too much. Remember, this is for only two nights. My suggestion - try to find a different cruise or get a better price.

Is this your first cruise or just your first with Carnival?

How long is your average "cruise to no where"?

Yes, I think thats too much for a 2 or 3 day cruise. Since it is so short a cruise, you may want to book an inside and save your pennies for a balcony on a longer one.:eek:

There have been varying lengths... 2 days is all I'm seeing lately.

To the OP. CTN's are usually more than I would pay... plus you got a 8D balcony... I personally would never pay that for a 2 day cruise... depends on how much you want to go. You are basically paying around $230pp/pn...

Yes, you did. I just checked their web site, and unless you've included trip insurance, transportation to and from the port, and other bells and whistles I didn't think of, you probably did pay too much. Remember, this is for only two nights. My suggestion - try to find a different cruise or get a better price.

Is this your first cruise or just your first with Carnival?

Did you check pricing for an 8D?? I just checked and it was right in line with what they paid.

:( Wo! If you surf the cruise sites on the web, you'll most likely find better values. I think that amount is far too much, especially for a 2 day trip to nowhere. My five day Carribean w/an OV was not much more than that. Do some searching and thinking! You can do better for sure. Mike

Definitely way to much, I am paying close to that for a 5 night to Bermuda for a balcony room. Granted I did have a discount voucher but that is way too much. Shop around you would probably be able to go on a much longer one for near the same.

We are sailing the Fascination on 12/11 and paid $219pp for an inside and $279pp for an outside. This is for a 5 day, 4 night cruise. Does anyone know why the OP's cruise would be so high??

Vanessa

We are sailing the Fascination on 12/11 and paid $219pp for an inside and $279pp for an outside. This is for a 5 day, 4 night cruise. Does anyone know why the OP's cruise would be so high??

Vanessa

It's high because it is sailing from New York and people are willing to pay more. I wouldn't but if you want to be my guest.

I am making the assumption that you only booked 2 days for a reason (ie can't get off from work to do a longer cruise or not sure about cruising and just want to get a taste of it or don't want to pay for airfare or drive to another port.)

True, you can get longer cruises for less money, but if this is the length of cruise you want (for whatever reason) and it fits into your time frame...don't worry about the cost. As earlier posted, the cost for a 2 day balcony is probably right in line...but the bottom line is if it is worth it to you.

If it is worth it to you, then that is all that matters!!

Are there better values around, probably, but from what I have read the price paid seems in line for that cruise. Now if the concern is did the OP pay too much for that cruise, doesn't look like it. Could the OP have done better if the OP was willing to look at other options , probably.

Cruises to nowhere are not worth the money no longer--but as people are willing to pay for them-- the price will always increase.

We are cruising the Destiny-- 7 days Southern cruise-- inside cabins are less then $500pp (airfare is not included- which was less then 300pp.)

I would never pay the going rate for a cruise to nowhere coz i am sure you will find a cruise going somewhere for that price.

-- its still hurricane season and you could hit rough waters.

you have to carry on and off your stuff-- no available porters are available.

Your fee did include tips - on a CTN they are mandatory prepaid.

With all this I truly believe a cruise to nowhere will turn you off on carnival.

Its like a longer cruise except everything is rush. You try to sqeeze everything it..

there will be a formal night the second night.

I am making the assumption that you only booked 2 days for a reason (ie can't get off from work to do a longer cruise or not sure about cruising and just want to get a taste of it or don't want to pay for airfare or drive to another port.)

True, you can get longer cruises for less money, but if this is the length of cruise you want (for whatever reason) and it fits into your time frame...don't worry about the cost. As earlier posted, the cost for a 2 day balcony is probably right in line...but the bottom line is if it is worth it to you.

If it is worth it to you, then that is all that matters!!

Originally hubby and I were going to go to Cape May and stay at a B&B for a couple of nights but with the price of the room, food, extras and the 4 hour drive plus gas down there, it comes to the same price as the 2 night cruise. I also don't have a lot of vacation time left for this year so the 2 night cruise would be perfect. Next year we plan on doing the 8 day Legend cruise to the Carribean.

Could the OP have done better if the OP was willing to look at other options , probably.

I dont agree- Cruise to nowhere have always run high. They will sell out weeks ahead of time..no sales towards the sail date.

Cruise to nowhere are specialty cruises... they will only go higher.

Check out the price for next years--- coz that was the price last year for this cruise. thats when to book it-- a year ahead of time

It's high because it is sailing from New York and people are willing to pay more. I wouldn't but if you want to be my guest.

+1. Not only that it's a 2 day cruise. It's all about when people can go.

Every notice how sometimes you can get a 5 or 7 day cruise that goes out during the week for cheaper than a 3-day weekend cruise? That's because the weekend cruise sells faster than weekday cruise cause with the weekend cruise you won't have to waste you PTO days.;) Also sometimes the longer the cruise the better the deal cause longer cruises (10+ days) are hard to sell It's all about demand!

I dont agree- Cruise to nowhere have always run high. They will sell out weeks ahead of time..no sales towards the sail date.

Cruise to nowhere are specialty cruises... they will only go higher.

Check out the price for next years--- coz that was the price last year for this cruise. thats when to book it-- a year ahead of time

By other options one would suppose that this would exclude the option chosen, geesh! As others have pointed out other options ie: different cruises, there are better values out there. My last word.

By other options one would suppose that this would exclude the option chosen, geesh! As others have pointed out other options ie: different cruises, there are better values out there. My last word.

?? i got lost. (sorry)

my option was look at the price for next years ctn. compare to what its going for today- that will show you the price difference for a matter of months comparing to book it a few months ahead of time to booking it a year later.

Guest YesitDonna

A cruise to knowhere is always more for sure and I think you paid the price that would be available. To pay that much for 2 nights on a balcony to me is a waste of money. If you are going to be spending that much time in the cabin, what are you going to get to do in your 2 days?

To say the price never goes down around time of sailing, that isn't true. Last year I booked this cruise, in June, two days before the cruise left and paid $199 per person for an inside. We only slept in the cabin and showered so we saw no sense in spending money on "the cabin". My mom had never cruised Carnival and after that cruise she would definetly like to try a longer Carnival cruise.

Archived