Did I pay too much

Sandi149

You guys are right - that is the going rate. I guess I couldn't even begin to think that 2 nights to nowhere would be worth that much money. Sorry, but you'll never catch me paying that much for a CCL cruise that has no ports of call.

I can understand OP dilemma. She and hubby were going to Cape May but found the 2-night cruise to be a better price.

Fer instance; I was going to take darling grandson to Niagara Falls in August. What with an overnight on the drive up (for sightseeing), 3 nights at a nice hotel near the falls and an overnight on the drive home, meals, gas, etc...it was cheaper to take the Fascination - even including the airfare. I left the decision to him...no contest there. He is a cruisin' little bugger!!!!

It will be a nice coupla days for OP and it looks like she paid the going rate for the cruise. So, I say have a great time!:p

I can understand OP dilemma. She and hubby were going to Cape May but found the 2-night cruise to be a better price.

Fer instance; I was going to take darling grandson to Niagara Falls in August. What with an overnight on the drive up (for sightseeing), 3 nights at a nice hotel near the falls and an overnight on the drive home, meals, gas, etc...it was cheaper to take the Fascination - even including the airfare. I left the decision to him...no contest there. He is a cruisin' little bugger!!!!

It will be a nice coupla days for OP and it looks like she paid the going rate for the cruise. So, I say have a great time!:p

Thank you.....I will have a great time. :)

Originally hubby and I were going to go to Cape May and stay at a B&B for a couple of nights but with the price of the room, food, extras and the 4 hour drive plus gas down there, it comes to the same price as the 2 night cruise. I also don't have a lot of vacation time left for this year so the 2 night cruise would be perfect. Next year we plan on doing the 8 day Legend cruise to the Carribean.

I figured it was something like that. So go ...have a wonderful time and enjoy this time with your hubby. Those late night balcony moments are worth every penny...IMHO! (since I have only gotten to have a balcony once)

!

I was looking to do that next August.. only for a MOnday to Friday kinda deal.

I booked the Elation instead- even with airfare to florida is was cheaper to take a cruise.

(why is niagra falls so expensive anyways??)

A few posters were wondering why I picked the balcony cabin for such a short cruise.

1. This is the first time I would have a balcony and I think it would be so romantic to even sit out there for a little while.

2. Hubby is an ex-smoker and won't let me smoke in the room. So I need to have the balcony.

Like I said in one of my previous posts, next year we plan on doing the 8 night Legend cruise to the Caribbean. That one will really be great. This one will be just a little romantic getaway and a sample of what the Legend is like.

This will be my second cruise...first one was also on a CTN on the now defunct Premier Seabreeze back in 1999. I keep saying that I only go nowhere and I want to go somewhere....LOL

Thanks,

Sandi :)

A few posters were wondering why I picked the balcony cabin for such a short cruise.

1. This is the first time I would have a balcony and I think it would be so romantic to even sit out there for a little while.

2. Hubby is an ex-smoker and won't let me smoke in the room. So I need to have the balcony.

Like I said in one of my previous posts, next year we plan on doing the 8 night Legend cruise to the Caribbean. That one will really be great. This one will be just a little romantic getaway and a sample of what the Legend is like.

This will be my second cruise...first one was also on a CTN on the now defunct Premier Seabreeze back in 1999. I keep saying that I only go nowhere and I want to go somewhere....LOL

Thanks,

Cruises to nowhere always cost more and always sell out for the prices asked--been there, done that, and would do it again in a heartbeat. There are limited sailings, they are usually out of one of the unusual ports, (I sailed from Norfolk) and they are usually on weekends so people don't have to take off much work. For first time cruisers, it gives them a taste of cruising, and for cruiseaholics (like me) it gives you a fix until the next one.

I too would only do a balcony!!!

So, Sandi, go and have a wonderful time with no regrets! Don't think about the cost. It's worth every penny and, for a romantic weekend, it's a whole lot better than at a Cape bed and breakfast (been there, done that, too!)

Judy

This is my first time sailing with Carnival. My husband and I are going on the Legend on a Cruise to Nowhere in Oct. We have a Balcony 8D cabin and are paying $973. To me this sounds like a bit too much.

What does everyone else think?

Thanks.

Sandi

hmmm....yes

I paid less than that for 8 days same cabin type

Thanks,

I totally get why you have decided to do this....a weekend in the Poconos or a nice bed and Breakfast on the Cape can cost more than a CTN....additionally although I was booking a balcony no matter what for my last cruise, my BF whom I traveled with does not smoke and I do so that would have clinched the balcony thing....but as I said I would have done it anyway :D

I am sure that you will have a wonderful time and that you have made your decisions wisely.

That said....I would in no way plan/base what your next and longer cruise will be like based on the CTN experience from what I have heard/read. They are very different animals.

I have always looked at shorter cruises when I sailed because childcare issue come into play but it seems like the 7/8 days cruises have the most bang for the buck and I've gone with 7 Days over 5 days beacause it just worked out cheaper in the long run(even with childcare when necsessary). HOWEVER.....I would just be happy to be on a ship if it came down to that.

You will no doubt have a great time. It will be a different experience than a longer cruise and you should have an open mind, do what you want and what feels good and have a fabulous time!!

Archived