Cabin Assignment - Guar try to order to find room # issue

vesw01

I tried to go into the Carnival website and pretend to buy something to see if there is anymore info on our cabin #, but it says I can't order something on the website for a TBA/Guar room.

Help

Guest YesitDonna

If you have your docs then look on the back of the sail and sign page and it could be on the back there. If they haven't assigned you a cabin yet then it would come up saying your still a GTY when trying to order.

but remember, your cabin assignment can change all the way up to check in so if you get a really good cabin, don't get to excited yet.

Ok, I'm confused! I booked on Carvinal's website and they told me I have a confirmed Cabin; also my guest confirmation has come in the mail saying I have a confirmed cabin. Are you saying my Cabin # could change?

We are cruising on the Legend November 24-Dec. 2. A guaranteed cabin was booked because of a price special. At last check, we haven't been assigned a cabin yet. When we did check with our online travel agent, the answer was that with a guarantee, the assignment may not be ready until arriving at the terminal, and the earliest may be 30 days out. We do have a booking number and the cruise has been paid in full.

The last time we didn't have an assignment was in 2001 on a different line. It was the first cruise we could afford-were treated to our first one. The baggage handler had to look up our cabin # on the typed manifest because we didn't have one on the luggage tag. We ended up on a high deck, outside with a balcony (from a low deck, inside). It turned out to be a handicapped equipped room--everything was large-even the bathroom!!! We don't know why we received such a good upgrade; it could have been because it was a month after 9/11. We sure got spoiled! We can't begin to dream that it would happen again, but any cruise is good to us as long as we're on the ship!

Lynne

Ok, I'm confused! I booked on Carvinal's website and they told me I have a confirmed Cabin; also my guest confirmation has come in the mail saying I have a confirmed cabin. Are you saying my Cabin # could change?

They're talking about cabins that were booked "guarantee" meaning they didn't book a specific cabin but are guaranteed a minimum of the cabin category they booked. We book specific cabins and this will be our second cruise. From what I understand when you book a specific cabin they will not just "upgrade" you without asking first, but if anyone has any other experience, please post it.

Archived