Eastern or Western/Freedom or Liberty

Hi,

This is a great forum for priceless info!!

I am trying to decide on the Liberty Eastern Caribbean trip or the Freedom Western Caribbean trip for next June.....

I(40) will be traveling with my wife(38) and 2 kids (10 & 12)....the Freedom trip will be approx.$400 more for the same cabin.....is it worth the $$ to take the Western route for the more $$???

I keep hearing that the western itinerary is nicer.

Also, is it advisable to go on a new ship (Liberty) on only it's 2nd or 3rd trip or is it better to go on the Freedom which will have a year of cruising under it's belt and thus have more of it's bugs worked out??

Any advice and comments will be very much appreciated.

The Liberty has been out in the Med awhile, it's itinerary is Civitavecchia, Naples(Italy), Venice(Italy), Dubrovnik(Croatia), Messina(Croatia), Barcelona(SPain), Cannes(France), Livorno/Pisa (Italy), Civitavecchia

The Freedom will go out in March 2007 and will start Civitavecchia, Naples(Italy), Rhodes(Greece), Izmir(Greece), Istanbul(Turkey), Piraeus(Turkey), Katakolon(Greece), Livorno/Pisa(Italy), Civitavecchia, Then later in the season, it will alternate between the two above itineraries.

I think the Med being a 12 day crusie is one reason it has more expense. Your airfare might be a deciding factor - it is not cheap to fly to Rome!

Also pre and post hotels are very pricey (i'm finding) - think of those as you decide.

I think the Freedom (Ship) and crew will be settled by the time we cruise - I think this will be their 4th - and get all the bugs out :)

Good luck w/whatever you chose - :D

Archived