Platinum guests carnival

How do you become a Platinum guest on carnival? What do you get for being a Platinum guest:confused:

10 cruises on Carnival... there is a list of perks somewhere around here and on the Carnival site... they are calling it "Concierge Club" I believe.

You become a Platinum Member when you set sail on your 10th Carnival cruise! ANY Carnival cruise counts towards your ten. My wife and I became Platinum Members in April when we sailed aboard the Glory. Here's what we got:

1) We checked in at the VIP desk in the terminal, instead of waiting in the

long lines at the counters.

2). We were the very first 2 passengers to board the ship (other than the

wedding parties)! We were in a group of about 30 VIPs that were allowed

to board the ship first.

3) We had personalized stationary waiting for us in our cabin.

4) We were able to change our table assignments from a table for 6 to a

table for 2, just by showing our Platinum card.

5) We had petite fours (small cake pieces) delivered to the cabin.

6) We had FREE wash and folding of our laundry one day.

7) We had canapies delivered to the cabin one day.

8) We received a Carnival-logo travel bag per person.

9) We had guaranteed supper club reservations.

10) FREE entry fee ($20) to the Blackjack or Slot tournament.

11) Priority Tender boarding.

12) Priority debarkation

13) And finally, SUPERIOR service throughout the ship from everyone!

The best perk we received had to be the priority debarkation! We were told to meet in the library at 6:45am, and by 7:15am we were on the bus headed to the Orlando airport! In fact, we were at the airport before any other passengers had debarked!

So is being a Platinum Member worth it? You bet! In fact, if we keep receiving this kind of treatment from here on, we'll never try another cruise line.

:cool: Bill

On my last cruies I became a plantinum memeber and did not know of the VIP embarking. After standing in line for security my brother, who just had been diagnosed with thyroid cancer 4 days before and had his thyroid removed, was pale and feeling bad. We asked if he could sit down somewhere while we stood in line for check in and they put us to the front of the line so he could go lie down sooner. They were very nice in taking care of him. They could not find my sail and sign card for a few minutes and then found it in the VIP area. It was a nice surprise at all the little perks. I had never heard of them before ( I just found this forum). It makes for just a little more fun and everybody does coment when you pull out your card. Have a great cruise. Mobile does have a VIP area. The list is found under "Often asked questions" on the carnival website.

Does this apply to all ships? We will be on the Holiday in 2 weeks. My docs do not mention this VIP embartion.

Yes, it applies to all Carnival ships (not any of the sister companies though like Princess, Cunard etc). Our Pride cruise in March was our 13th family cruise and the docs did not say VIP. I had our Platinum cards from the Spirit, so I took them just in case...but did not need them. I just said "we are Platinum" and the rest was handled from there.

Happy Cruising!

Here's a recent e-article that I found from Carnival:

In The News | Carnival Cruise Lines Rolls Out New Past Guest alty MIAMI (May 18, 2006) – Carnival Cruise Lines has introduced a new loyalty program providing past guests with a variety of value-added benefits and features, including priority embarkation and debarkation, guaranteed supper club reservations and dining times, personalized stationery and custom-designed Carnival logo items.

Available exclusively to “Platinum” cardholders who have sailed aboard the “Fun Ships” 10 or more times, the new “Carnival Concierge Club” benefits are designed to recognize and reward those longtime Carnival guests for their loyalty over the years.

“Carnival is committed to the highest standards of guest service and hospitality. The new ‘Carnival Concierge Club’ is just one more way of showing our appreciation to our loyal past guests by making their ‘Fun Ship’ cruise even more special and memorable,” said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

Platinum cardholders are entitled to the following shipboard benefits and features:

* Petit fours and/or canapés delivered to cabin one evening

* Personalized stationery

* A special Carnival logo item

* Guaranteed dining times and supper club reservations

* Complimentary $20 entry fee into blackjack tournament

* Spa Carnival priority reservations and complimentary treatment upgrade

* Complimentary wash and fold laundry service

* Priority tender boarding

* Priority embarkation and debarkation

Additionally, a fully staffed concierge desk for Platinum cardholders has been established at the purser’s information desk aboard every Carnival ship. A dedicated phone line is available fleetwide, as well.

Special luggage tags indicating guests are “Carnival Concierge Club” members are included in guests’ cruise documents. “Carnival Concierge Club” members also receive a special Welcome Aboard letter from Carnival President and CEO Bob Dickinson detailing the exclusive amenities and privileges available during their cruise.

Does this apply to all ships? We will be on the Holiday in 2 weeks. My docs do not mention this VIP embartion.

Beth,

As long as you're on your 10th or more Carnival cruise, check again on your tickets.... You have to look carefully on the front right window under Embark... Mine reads "Proceed to Carnival's VIP Check-In"

Hope its there for you :)

07/10/2006 Carnival Fascination Western

03/17/2006 Costa Magic Eastern (never ever again Costa)

09/02/2005 Carnival Fascination Bahamas

03/18/2005 NCL Spirit Southern

3/20/2004 Carnival Triumph Western

3/16/2003 Carnival Spirit Exotic W. Caribbean

08/02 NCL Sun

12/21/2001 Carnival Spirit Southern Caribbean

10/15/2000 Carnival Destiny Southern Caribbean

1/31/2000 Carnival Ecstasy Western Caribbean

10/17/1999 Carnival Destiny Western Caribbean

10/98 RCL Grandeur of the Seas

10/18/1997 Carnival Fascination Southern Caribbean

10/6/1996 Carnival Sensation Western Caribbean