Paradise Beach - Wow!

jeff33436

We just got back from our first cruise (Carnival Sensation) and the highlight was our day in Cozumel at Paradise Beach. Everything I read here has been very accurate. How can you beat it? It's FREE! The water was gorgeous. The beach was spotless. It was quiet with plenty of chairs and umbrellas for all. Lots of water toys- beach mats, kayaks, water trampoline, iceberg, etc. The view was spectacular and we spent most of the day floating on the beach mats in the crystal clear Caribbean water. We snorkeled (it's great just past the iceberg- look for the floating tire) and saw lots of fish and other great stuff. The food and drink was awesome and reasonablly priced. Don't miss the steak tacos! I can still taste them!

We didn't get to meet Tom, but everyone on staff was very friendly and attentive. My daughter even got a great massage for $20! What a princess!

The cab driver tried to steer us toward another club (Mr. Sanchos I think) and we almost switched. Sooooo glad we ended up at Paradise Beach.

Sorry I did'nt get to meet you guys, but I guess you were in the water when I was doing one of my "meet and greet(s)" :( Glad you had fun though, thanx for taking the time to post that nice review.

The "floating tire" is actually a buoy we used to anchor the iceburg. We've since moved the iceburg closer, and keep the tire buoy in case we wanna put out another water toy one day. The snorkeling is even nicer further out where the coral heads are. We've marked thes off with red buoys, so check it out next time you come down!

Hasta la vista!

HOLY COW!!! That tire buoy scared the crap out of me! It did not look like a tire...it looked like a floating head with hair & all! I'm not kidding! We got to PB pretty early in the morning (around 10:00). We were out on the trampoline & I thought "Oh my gosh, somebody drowned here last night & the staff hasn't noticed yet!" Luckily, my adventurous husband swam out to it & assured me that it wasn't a head! Just a tire with some funky stuff growing off of it! LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Oh My Gosh!! I am laughing so hard about the tire. Yes Tom please put a shark fin on it. This is too funny, thanks for making my morning. I cannot wait to visit Paradise beach next March. How far is it out to the coral heads so I can snorkel?

Hi Tom

We will be in Cozumel on Aug 4. The men are going fishing with Jim at Wahoo, he spoke highly of you. We ladies and the children are planning to spend the day with you, lucky guy!! Mix us up something wonderfully cold, please. How much should a taxi be from the dock to your place? Thanks much, looking forward to meeting you. Debbie

I believe it is supposed to be $12 for a cab from Puerta Maya to Paradise Beach. However, the driver there told us $13. We paid $12 back to Puerta Maya.

By the way, Paradise Beach was great! We had a great time, the drinks (frozen strawberry margarita, frozen mango margarita, and a regular margarita on the rocks) and nachos we had were great.

I lost my sunglasses in the water, so that motivated me to try the free snorkel equipment. Well, I found the sunglasses and then went out to the red buoys and saw lots of fish and even a starfish. It was pretty cool. (Note: the snorkel equipment required a $20 deposit, all of which I got back when I returned the equipment... snorkel, goggles, and fins.)

Paradise_Beach_Tom stopped by before I snorkeled and asked how things were going. He was very nice. I told him we found out about Paradise Beach on this site, and he seemed excited. I didn't realize "Paradise_Beach_Tom" existed until he mentioned that he posted here a lot.

My wife enjoyed the free rafts and just floating around. We also tried out the kayak for a bit as well.

My wife said this was her favorite stop, and we did excursions in Jamaica (Ocho Rios and Dunns River Falls) and Grand Caymen (Stingray City and City Tour). The fact that we didn't have to get on a bus and just got to relax all day was great.

Are you talking about an excursion that you buy off the cruise line or something we do on our own once we get to Cozumel. We are going to be on Rhapsody of the Seas Aug 15th and trying to figure out what we are doing before we get there. Sounds like this could be a fun option.

Rita

We didn't get to meet Tom, but everyone on staff was very friendly and attentive. My daughter even got a great massage for $20! What a princess!

And this was on the beach? How long was the massage? Was it something that someone just "sold" her while walking by, or is it part of the beach establishment?

I was thinking of doing a massage on the ship, but the $20 one sounds good, too! ;)

pnorth...I've got the carpenter making one now...(insert evil laugh here!)

We've marked the coral heads with red buoys...I'm guessin' 100 ft away? Make sure you get fins, get around MUCH faster that way...hasta la vista!

Debowah...Aug 4th, kids, cold drinks, no problemo! Cab fare is posted at $12USD per cab, for up to 4 people. Squeeze an extra kid in for 2-3 bucks more...see ya soon!

modnar...always nice meeting fellow CCers, sounds like a great time was had by all! Thanx for taking the time to post such a nice review, and come on back one day!

ritagrabo...Ellya is correct!

Cruiseador...we offer massage on the beach or in an air-conditioned room for $1USD/min. with a 15 min. minimum...enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

China2, Parasailing is available at the beach right next door to PB. Just walk a few feet and enjoy. I've read that it is $55 for about a total of 12 min in the air. Have not been there myself, although we will be there in 23 days!!! We are so excited!!! HOpe you have a great time!!!

do any shorkel excursions go out from paradise beach or are there any really close by? we usually do a snorkel excursion, but want the beach stuff as well this time. do you think we will be disappointed if we dont snorkel by boat???

CHINA2...the parasail boat departs from the border between our beach and the one next door. They charge $55USD per 10-12min ride and take cash or travellers cheques only.

awsmrn...oops! Thanx for answering that question!

wendya2j...the best shore snorkeling is at Dzul-Ha. The best offshore snorkel sites are Columbia and Palancar reefs. Plan your snorkeling accordingly!

sea u onboard...yup, sure do!

I didn't know you were online!!!!!!!! We'll be in Cozumel next week!!!!!!!!!!! ANDALE! I wanna go to YOUR beach!!!!!!! can't wait..... how much is the entrance fee? how much are your mixed drinks/cerveza (range)? do you have a menu? ummm what time do you close LOL :) This is our second time in Cozumel...... and as you can see, i'm hyper about it... I hope it's sunny..... ahhhhh... Cozumel! Tan bonito!

JkyLovesRuss...Que emocion!! Looking forward to meeting you next week!

We have no entry fee. Our menu and prices can be found on our website, which I can`t post due to the rules of the board. Should`nt be too hard to find though!

We close at about 5:30pm...hasta la vista amiga(o)!

sea...You are most welcome!

Archived