Cayman with a 2 yr. old?

cliosmom

Hi there!

We are looking for ideas of what to do on our Cayman shore excursion with our 2 yr. old daughter. While we've heard great stuff about the beaches, we'd like to do something else as well.

My husband is a diver and would like to go do that, but doesn't want to leave us alone either. Any ideas regarding glass bottom boats or semi-subs that would give us a glimpse underwater without trying to snorkle or dive?

Is the turtle farm any fun?

Any other ideas?

Thanks so much!

Jeannene

We are taking our 2 and 6 year old daughters with us this fall to Cayman Islands. We are planning on doing the Snorkel/Sting Ray City tour with Captain Marvin’s. My wife and I went on Captain Marvin’s in April of 2005 so we know what to expect this time with our daughters. The Stingray area is shallow enough (maybe a little more than 3 feet deep) where we can hold our 2-year old and interact with the rays and my 6-year old is tall enough in which she can play with the rays without us holding her constantly. As for the snorkeling part, my wife and I are going to take turns in staying on the boat with the children. This will give us about 20 minutes each. If you choose this, your husband can snorkel “by himself” for a little while, and so can you. Also, 4 and under are free. The total time out was about two hours on the water, including travel time. However, we did the short tour since we were in port for a small amount of time. There are longer tours with more snorkeling, but that would also mean more time waiting until the other spouse gets finished.

Hi there,

we are going on our first cruise on Sunday (YAHOO!). We have a four year old girl. We are also cruising with some friends who have children. We opted out of snorkeling (we've done our share over the years) and there's no way our daughter is interested yet. So we are taking our girl and our friends' four year old daughter (who also insists on no snorkeling) on Carnival's "Butterfly Farm and Sea Grape Beach" excursion. I've heard through these threads that the butterfly farm is beautiful. Little girls love butterflies, I'm a photographer so I love beautiful photo ops. Then at the beach we will water ski or rent jet skis and sea shell hunt and play. More photo ops for me, too. We originally considered the sea rays tour, however both girls were too wishy washy to commit to the tour. One minute it was "Yeah!" :) Then the next it was, "No I'm too scared." :eek: We want to avoid freak outs and breakdowns as much as possible on our vacation, so the Beach n' Butterfly thing seemed to be the best option for us.

Enjoy! I'll post a review of the excursion.

Archived