When is the earliest we can leave luggage at Southampton

Edmond Dantes

We are on the 8/11 Westbound QM2 sailing. We're coming from Edinburgh [Festival!] that morning. I'd like to know when we can give Cunard our luggage so that we can spend the rest of the day doing something other walking up and down Southampton waiting to embark. (I remember when we sailed from NYC, Cunard were willing to watch over our luggage several hours earlier than our actual embarkation.)

In case the answer depends on our class of travel, think st33rage.

We are on the 8/11 Westbound QM2 sailing. We're coming from Edinburgh [Festival!] that morning. I'd like to know when we can give Cunard our luggage so that we can spend the rest of the day doing something other walking up and down Southampton waiting to embark. (I remember when we sailed from NYC, Cunard were willing to watch over our luggage several hours earlier than our actual embarkation.)

In case the answer depends on our class of travel, think st33rage.

I would try to come down the night before to avoid risks of delay. I believe there are regular flights between Edinburgh and Southampton. Also several reasonably priced hotels to stay in. I think boarding may be between 12 and 2.30 so u will not have that much time to kill.

Regards

Chris and Pam

How are you travelling from Edinburgh to Southampton. What time will you be dockside. I would think that by the time you get to the ship you will not have that much spare time. And what do you want to do in the time before boarding (around 12 noon)

You would still need to get a taxi to the city and back again. Better to check in and wait in the lounge. And you will be among the first to board, allowing you to settle in, have lunch and possibly unpack before boat drill.

And yes, travelling down the day before would be the best option.

Enjoy your crossing.

David.

I've booked us on the 7:00 a.m. FlyBe flight from EDI. There is also an 8:30 flight as a backup, and two BA flights. Unless the air traffic controllers stage an unannounced wildcat strike, we won't miss the boat!:) But I didn't expect we would be able to board anywhere near 12:00; I'd been expecting more like 3:30.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi we are also on t/a 11 August. We also fly in to Southampton that moring from Jeresy. We are in B4 cabin- check in time should be 3pm but our travel agent has arranged for us to check in at 1pm, so that we are not sitting around all day. Perhaps you could also arrange an earlier check in?

8 days and counting can't wait!:)

We will be in Southampton several days before departing. Can someone answer the question? We need to drop off a rental car and would rather not deal with our cases if we can drop them off earlier at Cunard.

Thanks.

Sue

I can't speak for Southampton but when we embarked at Brooklyn for our Eastbound TA in May we were at the dockside at 11.30ish and we were able to check in then and were on board by 12.15! From what I've read Southampton is similar. Southampton is a very nice city and is all too often overlooked by people in favour of London. If you're staying over I'd recommend the DeVere Grand Harbour which at the waterfront and near the Cruise Terminal. The open top bus tour is also very good if time is short. Also did you know that Southampton has the largest number of memorials dedicated to the Titanic Disaster than any other city in the world!

I don't know if you can store your luggage before emabrkation but if you contact Guest Services via the website I'm sure they'd be able to advise you.

Have a good trip and a good time at the Edinburgh Festival. My home town rocks at this time of the year!

Cheers.

Eddie

Archived