No reply from Nativeway......

cruzn buckeye

I have e-mailed nativeway to make a reservation for an upcoming cruise. I sent the e-mail two days ago and have not had a response. How long does it normally take for a response from them?

Thanks!

I seem to recall that I got a reply rather quickly. I was there on the 6/25 Rhapsody sailing. I know that Sharon (one of the owners) was going to South Beach for the 4th of July week (not much of a celebration for Independence Day on GC ;) ), so she's probably swamped upon her return, and she's usually the one to take care of the reservations. E-mail (or call) in a day or two if you don't hear from her. I'm thinking I talked to her on the phone, but I don't remember if I called her to reserve, or if she called me to confirm.

I would resend your email again. I sent an email a couple weeks ago and did not get a response for 3 days. I resent the email again and they responded the next day. Could be that the email never got to them the first time. Hope this helps. KY

I talked to Sharon last week and made reservations for 8 of us. Next day I e-mailed her and ask for confirmation number asap and got it before the day ended. She also told me no charge if ship can't get into port.

She is a very nice gal

Hope this helps

Lois

I emailed them two months ago, didn't get a reply. Emailed again a month ago and again no reply. I'll try again. But if still no reply soon I won't be booking with them.

Thanks everybody.

Middleager...we are on the same cruise. I am going to try one more time to send an e-mail. Please let me know if you get a response.

Thanks...

cruzn

I had the same problem with emails a few months ago. While Nativeway is AWESOME, Sharon does not do the best job answering emails. I finally had to call her directly, using my calling card. Once I got her on the phone, she replied to my email shortly afterwards, and everything was fine after that.

I had the same problem with emails a few months ago. While Nativeway is AWESOME, Sharon does not do the best job answering emails. I finally had to call her directly, using my calling card. Once I got her on the phone, she replied to my email shortly afterwards, and everything was fine after that.

Thanks...maybe I'll try that. I don't remember if the number is on the website.

Do you have to give a credit card number? Not crazy about that idea.

Hi cruzn buckeye. Good to hear from you.

I had resend an email to Native Way. I'm going scuba diving and would like to book my wife to go on a tour to Stingray sandbar snorkeling. Native Way offers the Stingray snorkeling plus island tour (+ Hell, Turtle Farm, etc.), but doesn't show the time. I hope their tour starts (and ends) early enough as our ship is at port 6am - 3pm (last tender 2pm). Anyway, hope they answer about what time the tour starts/ends and pickup/dropoff points.

After my diving and my wife's Stingray tour, we'd like to go to Eden's Rock for some snorkeling before getting back to the ship. If their tour gets back too late, then I'm going to book my wife to go with Soto's Stingray snorkeling tour (9:30am - 11:30am). Soto's requires a credit card to book, but doesn't charge. They will take $30 cash at the time of the tour.

Hi cruzn buckeye. Good to hear from you.

I had resend an email to Native Way. I'm going scuba diving and would like to book my wife to go on a tour to Stingray sandbar snorkeling. Native Way offers the Stingray snorkeling plus island tour (+ Hell, Turtle Farm, etc.), but doesn't show the time. I hope their tour starts (and ends) early enough as our ship is at port 6am - 3pm (last tender 2pm). Anyway, hope they answer about what time the tour starts/ends and pickup/dropoff points.

After my diving and my wife's Stingray tour, we'd like to go to Eden's Rock for some snorkeling before getting back to the ship. If their tour gets back too late, then I'm going to book my wife to go with Soto's Stingray snorkeling tour (9:30am - 11:30am). Soto's requires a credit card to book, but doesn't charge. They will take $30 cash at the time of the tour.

Hi middleager...we are trying to get the reef , rays, and rum point excursion

booked. I haven't tried to e-mail again yet. I will look into this more on Friday, my day off, and possibly call Sharon. If we don't get this booked, we are looking at the jeep excursion to Rum Point...Rum Point is the actual destination that I am trying to make it to this time.

Cruzn

Hi middleager...we are trying to get the reef , rays, and rum point excursion booked.

No, not going to include Rum Point. It's the Stingray and island tour including the sandbar, and tour to Hell, Turtle Farm, etc. The Native Way web site doesn't work now. But I remember this was about $45 and either 4 or 4.5 hr. The tour that includes Rum Point is a different one and about 5-5.5hr.

I should finish my diving around noon. So if my wife goes to a tour that finishes about the same time, then we would meet up at Eden's Rock, and do some snorkeling there before returning to the last ship tender by 2pm (island time). Miracle's port time of 6am - 3pm means we need to finish by early afternoon.

From their site they state, Stingray & Island Tour, 4 hrs, $45/pp, and Stingray, Reef & Rum Point includes lunch, 5 hrs, 9am-2pm $60/pp.

I also emailed them on Monday asking the time for the Stingray and Island tour and if someone could just take the Island tour after as she doesn't want to do the stingray part.

Website won't come up? Are they still operating? Wonder if that is why we haven't heard anything?

Yeah, that worries me too. I have a reservation and have a very important question and I too have not recieved an email response....

Here is the phone number Sharon gave me in my confirmation email:

Native Way Watersports

(345) 916-5027

I will try later today to call, and report if I get anybody to answer.

What kind of boats do they have? How much for just stinray snorkle?

I don't think you can do that through NativeWay - just one part of their excursion. If you sign up for Rays, Reef & Rum Point, there's no way to skip a part. It is what it is. You're picked up at the pier, taken by van to their boat, load the boat and go to Stingray City, then a short hop to the reef for snorkeling, then about a 10 minute boat ride to Rum Point.

The boats are two-level cruisers - you can sit in shade or sun. I think the upper level is all in the shade. It was plenty comfy; I think there were only about 25 of us on the tour.

Sharon was always pretty good about responding to our e-mails. We just did the Rays, Reef & Rum Point tour and there were only two other couples that went.... it was almost like a private tour. We had a great time and will look at booking something with them again the next time we're in GC.

John

Middleager,

Still haven't heard anything.....

If the tour that I want is booked up I wish she would e-mail me back and let me know. I did ask her to do that so that I could arrange something else just in case.....Maybe I will just go with another tour.....and another company.....

Is the email address that you used nativway@candwky?

Thanks.

......Is the email address that you used nativway@candwky?......
That is the e-mail I always used when contacting them. I sent Sharon an e-mail thanking them for our recent tour and commenting on how good our two guides were. I sent the e-mail a couple of days ago and received a reply today. Hopefully you'll hear from them soon.

If you have a spam filter on your e-mail you might want to check and make sure their replies aren't being filterd out.

John

Archived