Does Bermuda shut down at Midnight?

Coter

My girlfriend and I are considering going on the 6 night cruise to Bermuda aboard the Empress of the Seas in September. I’ve been on other Royal Caribbean ships before and I loved every minute of it. I heard, however, everything on the island, including the docked cruise ship, is required to shut down at Midnight because of some Bermuda law.

We’re both young 25 and 24 and we're looking to stay out at the bars a bit longer than midnight- kinda forces you to the end the night early-which is OK for most of the vacation, but we’re looking to party it up at least 2 nights.

Is this midnight rule true?

Thanks for your help!

Ships are required to not have noise coming from them after midnight. Therefore, deck parties and the like do end around midnight. The lounges on the ship stay open much later. Many shops in Bermuda close around 5-6pm. I don't remember bars closing down by midnight though by that time we were usually back on the ship and in the lounges there.

Take note though, Bermuda is not a wild and crazy port like some of the Caribbean islands. I'm not sure what you mean by "party it up" but just so you know, Bermuda is a fairly subdued place at night.

Alright thanks, that makes sense. As long as the lounges are open that's good. By party it up, I really just mean stay up later than normal.

I went to Bermuda 5 years ago with my family and I remeber it being very calm...but very nice.

There are a few bars/clubs on Front Street and some side streets that stay open until about 2 or so..the Blue Juice is a good one to check out to see if any action.Just ask around when the ship is docked in Hamilton.I don't recommend doing anything other than town at night other than the ship of course.The Dockyards has nothing and St. George can be on the quiet side,but there may be a bar or two open later.Years ago there used to be so many places to go until the wee hours,but no more.Enjoy your cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Follow the crew - they know where all the late spots are and then you will also be with others from the ship as well. I've been to Bermuda a few times on a cruise and the crew is always going out after they get off shift.

Archived