If you can't have fun on Carnival, give up and go camping.

CruiseFever

I've always enjoyed Carnival cruises.

Since our last Carnival cruise on the Fantasy last Fall we have sailed Celebrity, Cunard, Norwegian,and Royal Caribbean. After all those, it was refreshing to come back home to the Carnival Glory...so for all those people that say "I liked so and so, will I like Carnival?" I say yes.

On the Glory, which reminded me a lot of the layout on the Victory, Destiny and Triumph, Carnival has done a great job of breaking up large, open spaces, into smaller, more imtimate areas. Taking a page from past renditions of FunShips but adding their typical unique twist done ship by ship, they've made a great addition to cruises sailing from Port Canaveral.

I'd say right now, at Port Canaveral, it's a tie between the Disney Magic or Wonder and the Glory for the "big, nice ships" prize (If there was one).

Glory is the clear winner, though, in many other areas.

The main area, "Fun", has Carnival clearly in the lead.

That's saying a lot when stacked up against the magical Disney brand. But since we had not only been away from Carnival for a while but had sailed on other lines, the "fun" atmosphere really slapped dw and I in the face.

We missed it and didn't even know it.

Suddenly, the thing I couldn't quite put my finger on that was missing on those other lines was very apparent. Here was a ship capable of holding up to 3700 passengers and darn near every single one I saw was over-the-top happy to be there. The atmosphere was relaxed but the air was full of anticipation, excitement and (again) "Fun".

Don't get me wrong, those other lines all do a good job and have areas where they shine brightly too. But Carnival really does have the market cornered on "Fun".

Upon embarkation, guests were advised that cabin's would be ready about 1:30PM and to head to the lido deck for lunch. We were on a tour and had a great luncheon in the dining room. By the time we got up to the Lido deck it was packed. The familiar multiple food stations were all running full throttle keeping up with the demand quite nicely. I think it was here that I remembered how well Carnival knows "fun".

On this visit I spent a lot of time looking at the different categories of cabins. I've done this before; poked my head inside one that a friend would be sailing on in the future or just out of curiosity but not made a point of seeing them all at once. Comparing was fun; they're ALL nice.

Still, my favorite and what I think is one of the best values at sea, is a 9A corner balcony cabin. Very much like the one's we'd sailed several times on other Carnival ships, the 9A's on this ship have a unique layout. The big drawing point, though, is the huge wrap-around balcony.

Walking through the Category 11 and 12 cabins was a lot of fun too (and about as close as I will ever get to staying in one). If I die and come back as a cruise ship it would be as one of these categories. Not that the inside, outside and other balcony cabins are not nice, they are.

After those other cruise lines, some with cabins a lot smaller and most with cabins of varying sizes, it was nice to see the consistency that Carnival applies to their cabins both in size and decor.

Each is comfortable and well equipped.

Ok so the Cat 12 cabins have a bigger whirpool bath and one of those fancy "fountain toilets" that the Cat 11's don't have, even the inside cabin showers were quite functional and a fair size.

This visit was just a tour and luncheon on the ship, perhaps about the same amount of time one might spend aboard if in a wedding party. I didn't want to leave. I can't wait to go back.

My record is perfect; I've never met a cruise ship I didn't like and the Glory I loved!

I've always enjoyed Carnival cruises.

Since our last Carnival cruise on the Fantasy last Fall we have sailed Celebrity, Cunard, Norwegian,and Royal Caribbean. After all those, it was refreshing to come back home to the Carnival Glory...so for all those people that say "I liked so and so, will I like Carnival?" I say yes.

On the Glory, which reminded me a lot of the layout on the Victory, Destiny and Triumph, Carnival has done a great job of breaking up large, open spaces, into smaller, more imtimate areas. Taking a page from past renditions of FunShips but adding their typical unique twist done ship by ship, they've made a great addition to cruises sailing from Port Canaveral.

I'd say right now, at Port Canaveral, it's a tie between the Disney Magic or Wonder and the Glory for the "big, nice ships" prize (If there was one).

Glory is the clear winner, though, in many other areas.

The main area, "Fun", has Carnival clearly in the lead.

That's saying a lot when stacked up against the magical Disney brand. But since we had not only been away from Carnival for a while but had sailed on other lines, the "fun" atmosphere really slapped dw and I in the face.

We missed it and didn't even know it.

Suddenly, the thing I couldn't quite put my finger on that was missing on those other lines was very apparent. Here was a ship capable of holding up to 3700 passengers and darn near every single one I saw was over-the-top happy to be there. The atmosphere was relaxed but the air was full of anticipation, excitement and (again) "Fun".

Don't get me wrong, those other lines all do a good job and have areas where they shine brightly too. But Carnival really does have the market cornered on "Fun".

Upon embarkation, guests were advised that cabin's would be ready about 1:30PM and to head to the lido deck for lunch. We were on a tour and had a great luncheon in the dining room. By the time we got up to the Lido deck it was packed. The familiar multiple food stations were all running full throttle keeping up with the demand quite nicely. I think it was here that I remembered how well Carnival knows "fun".

On this visit I spent a lot of time looking at the different categories of cabins. I've done this before; poked my head inside one that a friend would be sailing on in the future or just out of curiosity but not made a point of seeing them all at once. Comparing was fun; they're ALL nice.

Still, my favorite and what I think is one of the best values at sea, is a 9A corner balcony cabin. Very much like the one's we'd sailed several times on other Carnival ships, the 9A's on this ship have a unique layout. The big drawing point, though, is the huge wrap-around balcony.

Walking through the Category 11 and 12 cabins was a lot of fun too (and about as close as I will ever get to staying in one). If I die and come back as a cruise ship it would be as one of these categories. Not that the inside, outside and other balcony cabins are not nice, they are.

After those other cruise lines, some with cabins a lot smaller and most with cabins of varying sizes, it was nice to see the consistency that Carnival applies to their cabins both in size and decor.

Each is comfortable and well equipped.

Ok so the Cat 12 cabins have a bigger whirpool bath and one of those fancy "fountain toilets" that the Cat 11's don't have, even the inside cabin showers were quite functional and a fair size.

This visit was just a tour and luncheon on the ship, perhaps about the same amount of time one might spend aboard if in a wedding party. I didn't want to leave. I can't wait to go back.

My record is perfect; I've never met a cruise ship I didn't like and the Glory I loved!

That was a "fun" read (lol)! Really, I enjoyed it!

Plus, I've only been on Celebrity (twice) and Princess (once), so I've been wondering how I'll like Carnival (Destiny to So. Carib.). Here's hoping my experience is just like yours (fun)~!

Karen

If you can't have fun on Carnival, give up and go camping

Well I'm going camping then!

v

v

v

Actually, I am camping right now at Ocean Lakes Campground in Myrtle Beach. :D Won't be long before I'm on Glory though.

Archived