Should we be Worried about the Sea of Japan ?

KLLund

We are crossing the sea of Japan on our Sapphire Princess cruise in October .. I wonder if anyone in that region has more idea how the recent North Korea missle testing will affect the cruise if at all. I see nothing in the news about cruise ships in the region but then first one I see going there is in a week or two?

Thanks

the captain will steer clear of the area. I think the issue will be resolved one way of the other by October. We sail there in about a week and I'm really not too worried except for possibly having to miss a port or two, but hey, whatever the cruiseline wants to do, we will just take it to mean that it's in our best interest. Frankly, I'm more worried about the typhoon in the Sea of Japan right now...:eek:

Charlie

We are crossing the sea of Japan on our Sapphire Princess cruise in October .. I wonder if anyone in that region has more idea how the recent North Korea missle testing will affect the cruise if at all. I see nothing in the news about cruise ships in the region but then first one I see going there is in a week or two?

Thanks

We are also on the Sapphire that leave October 14th and are keeping a close watch on what the next moves are.

We are also on that cruise and international affairs had also crossed our minds, but very quickly said to ourselves "Where's our sense of adventure?" My next door neighbor is Russian. We intend to have her teach us some phrases before we go. It will be a very exciting cruise and are looking forward to the post cruise down the Yangtze. However we do think that this is not the day for planning a trip to the Holyland; also something that we would like to do someday. Best from Lovetosew.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I would worry about cruising in the Sea of Japan about as much as I would worry about Portland moving under the sea due to global warming. Come to think of it there are some that say those Korean missles could make it as far as Portland! Just enjoy your trip and don't fret too much about all the things (earthquakes, floods, sunamis, hurricanes, fires, airplane crashes, wars, pestilance, sorrow, astroids stiking the earth, etc etc) that might happen or you might need to take an anti-anxiety pill. Hmmm.. but than you would have to worry about the possible side effects of the pill.

Hank

Archived