Recent Infinity Alaska cruises what night was lobster night?

flagger

Until the recent debarkees weigh in -- Lobster night is generally the second formal night. It's been that way on all four of our X cruises in the past 21 months.

TR

Millennium 12/12/04

Mercury 4/04, Infinity 8/03, Century 3/03 & 9/02

I am on the Summit going to Alaska this August for a 7-day voyage. We embark on Friday. So will formal night also be on the Monday (which would be Ketchikan, third day of the trip)? And will the second formal night be on Thursday, the day before we disembark? I was just wondering because some of the shore excursions last through dinner and we didn't want to miss formal nights.

Thanks again for the info. If I am to understand from other posts, there is a separate hair dryer under the sink in CC class that is better than the one on the wall?

Do the televisions have RCA type female inputs for audio and video? To either check shot video footage OR plug in a portable DVD player. We are planning on bringing it for the plane ride anyway. It will he helpful to have something different to entertain our 15 month old.

Tuggers, as far as comments about us going to eat at formal night, they really have nothing to do with the thread. However, in light of a recent thread, Ms. Flagger actually dared me to wear my huge slippers that look like giant remote controls. She should know better than to dare me to do anything. :D

MFYT,

On the Summit to Alaska the formal night is going to also be the second night which is in the Summit's case Saturday. The other formal night will be the next to last night--Thursday. I am leaving for the Summit in 3 weeks!

Walter

If you are on a sold-out sailing, usually all seats are accounted for.

However, if they knew a couple were going to be at the specialty restaurant that evening, I'm sure they could squeeze you in somewhere. But then again, what if that couple changed their minds. Anyway, that is a special request that if it is accommodated you should reward the maitre'd (sp?) with a gratuity.

Again, there are other cruiselines that you would be able to switch dining times with no problems -- those offering personal choice or freestyle -- Celebrity is not one of them.

Thanks again for the info. If I am to understand from other posts, there is a separate hair dryer under the sink in CC class that is better than the one on the wall?

Do the televisions have RCA type female inputs for audio and video? To either check shot video footage OR plug in a portable DVD player. We are planning on bringing it for the plane ride anyway. It will he helpful to have something different to entertain our 15 month old.

Tuggers, as far as comments about us going to eat at formal night, they really have nothing to do with the thread. However, in light of a recent thread, Ms. Flagger actually dared me to wear my huge slippers that look like giant remote controls. She should know better than to dare me to do anything. :D

If memory serves, M-class ships do not have RCA jacks, oddly enough, while the earlier ones do - at least I couldn't find any. Can't speak to CC accomodations, I've never done them.

If you want to change seatings, talk to your waiter - if you only want to do it for one night, you can always effectively do it by having dinner in your cabin or doing the casual or formal alternative dining. If you want to do it for the rest of the cruise, it will probably be harder, but likely still doable.

Hi Flagger,

If you can not get in the dining room for the night that you wish to switch, I believe that there is an alternative dining venue in the Ocean Grill (BUFFET area). I have not used it but am told that it is set up very nicely and serves the same menu as the dining room. An option

Bill

Thanks StephenJ and WV. We were thinking just for the night in Juneau with having such a late departure, we might want to try to switch seating times. I do know of the alternative dining, but sort of blanked out on it for a bit.

It may honestly be we won't be able to eat any nights in the dining room because we want to be good parents and remove our 15 month old should she start to fuss. Two hours might just be way too long for her.

Flagger:

We just returned from Infinity Alaska cruise tonight. Got off of the ship this morning. Lobster night was Friday. It was a great cruise and Infinity is our absolute favorite ship.

I look forward to hearing about your trip, the weather, the shops, the excursions. We are getting very excited watching our counter get closer and closer to zero.

Missylou, I was wondering if you will be posting a review? I'm on the Infinity in Sept, I believe the week before Mr. Flagger, and I too am interested in your impressions of your vacation experience!

Archived