Splendour Aft Blacony & small blow up pool

sas80

We just booked an aft balcony on the splendour.

When we actually cruise, we will be cruising with our 6 month old.

I am planning on bringing a small blow up pool so baby can play in the water on days we are at sea.

Anyone have any experience with the aft balconies on splendour that can tell me if there is enough room for a small blow up pool and people on the balcony?

This is true aft, on the back of the ship.

Thanks!

HOW are you planning on filling up a pool? And how will you drain it later? Your downstairs neighbors probably won't appreciate the shower.

This post doesnt pertain to my original post!

HOW are you planning on filling up a pool? And how will you drain it later? Your downstairs neighbors probably won't appreciate the shower.

I am guessing a few buckets from the sink (or tub) will work and can be emptied with a few buckets down the drain. Very simple. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have seen pictures of the aft balconies on the ships and I am guessing you will have NO problems fitting a small pool there. I am hoping Splendor is no different than the others I have seen.

Have a great time!

I am guessing a few buckets from the sink (or tub) will work and can be emptied with a few buckets down the drain. Very simple. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have seen pictures of the aft balconies on the ships and I am guessing you will have NO problems fitting a small pool there. I am hoping Splendor is no different than the others I have seen.

Have a great time!

Thanks!

I don't know why I didn't think of this before I replied....you can usually find shots of the cabins on web shots. So I typed in the ship and here it is...an aft balcony on Splendour...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/73590961/1073593574044693259loamSl

You should have plenty of room.

VERY COOL!!!

Thank you so very much!

• 1 month later...

Hi, we aren't on the splendor, but on ncl jewel next January in a "true" aft balcony with our 10 month old and are doing the same as you with the baby pool!! I think there is enough room and should be fun for the little one!!! Happy cruising!

Leah

We just returned from the Navigator with a 12 month old. We put a small pool on our aft balcony and it was great. Because I had not thought too much about how we would fill the pool we put a plastic bag in the trash can and carried water from the bathtub. There is no wind on the aft balconies so it is a perfect place for a pool. Savannah enjoyed the pool with the ice bucket, a wash cloth, and a plastic cup. There are drains on the balconies so draining the pool was not a problem. Have a great cruise!!!!!!

Archived